Chapter 4 | The Moon Dawn Pack

Start from the beginning

Alpha Horton went to ascend the staircase and knock on the huge double doors, his knuckles met the hard surface of the wood and the sound echoed throughout the now quiet area.

Everybody held their breaths as they attempted to calm their nerves, after a few minutes the huge doors opened and there stood a man with dark chocolate skin, black midnight hair and dark brown eyes, but his most striking feature was the scar that runs from the left side of his forehead down to his left cheek.

The wound looked deep and he stared at the pack with contempt in his untrusting eyes. Alpha Horton felt the hairs at the back of his neck stand up from the blatant disrespect this man was showing him and his pack, he was about to growl when the man in question spoke.

"Welcome, to our pack house." His monotonous voice said. Alpha Horton looked at the person now holding the door open. The deep baritone voice echoed through them in an eerie fashion, it was as if he's empty of any emotion.

"You must be the Moon Dawn Pack," He spoke slowly. "I am Gamma Jacobi Elroy of the Blue Orion Pack, my Luna and Beta are currently discussing important matters that is why I was sent to escort you." Gamma Elroy then turned his back on them and strode forward.

Alpha Horton felt disrespected because it was often considered as common courtesy for the leader of the pack to welcome their guests. It slightly irked him to know that the Gamma would be the one showing him and his pack around.

"Please follow me," he said while slightly looking back at them. "I shall lead you to your chambers and tell you about the Pack Rules of the Blue Orion Pack on the way."

'He's quite...peculiar' Beta Hytes spoke to Alpha Horton through the mind link. 'It's strange how he didn't even try to ask who the Alpha and Beta was.' Beta Hytes added.

'Yes, quite strange indeed.' Was Alpha Horton's reply and stared at Gamma Elroy's back, his wolf made itself known and sent its displeasure for having to follow a Gamma but Alpha Horton suppressed his emotion to remain in control and not to show any disrespect to the pack who took them in.

After all, it's them who needs help and not the other way around.

When most of his pack members are settled down, it was just Alpha Horton and Beta Hytes left along with Gamma Elroy.

"Your rooms are right here," Gamma Elroy gestured at the two rooms with his hands.

"Your rooms are parallel with the Beta and Luna of our pack. Take this as acknowledgement towards your titles. I have mentioned this to your pack but I wish to tell you this again, please refrain from
trespassing towards the rooms in the west wing of the Pack House because that side is only for the Blue Orion's Pack members. You or your pack member may only cross there once the Beta or Luna tells you too. Please, remember where you stand. That is all, Good day." And with that said, Gamma Elroy left.

"Alpha," Beta Hytes said as he hoped to calm the rage he sees in his Alpha's eyes.

"Don't," Alpha Horton said and went inside his chambers.

Beta Hytes sighed and went to open the door when something or rather someone caught his eyes. A man with cerulean eyes and blood red hair stared at him with cold dead eyes. Beta Hytes released his hold on the doorknob and went to step forward towards the man when someone appeared from the shadows and stepped beside the man.

"Beta Valise," A soft but musical voice called but Beta Hytes could hear underlining emptiness in her tone.

Beta Hytes' footsteps halted and he froze, that man is Beta Desmond Valise, the Beta of the Late Alpha Richards and now the Beta of the current leader.