He acknowledged the knocks with a yell from the inside, emerging moments after. All the blood had drained for his face but it returned within a second. "Oh, thank God, it's you."

"Were you expecting someone?" I asked.

"I thought it was my parents," there was a brief silence. "..you okay?"

"I need to apologise so," I dodged around him into his house, much to his disapproval, which he didn't hesitate to voice. "I was out of line for saying those things, and I'm aware that you do not hang out with me for sympathy. Our friendship runs deeper than any sexuality and it isn't gonna be that which will drive us apart either. I'm really sorry for everything I said."

"It's okay. You were upset, and I guess I was too because you were and then the response from your parents just reminded me of mine and I don't know; but it's okay. We're past it and we're cool," my friend checked behind him. "but you gotta go, like, now."

"No, I'm not leaving until I'm sure that you've forgiven me completely and that my apology is sincere-"

He seized my shoulders, strangely messy curls falling forward with the movement. "Were you fighting someone before I got here or-"

He grimaced for a second, before continuing. "Im Changkyun, I love you like a brother and I forgive you, and whilst I need to yell at you for taking off last night, you have to go."

"I love you too," I ignored, smiling as I yanked him into a hug. "but you're right, I have to go face my parents," a nervous chuckle came from me. "but yeah, should probably go before your sister appears again and drops hot water on my cro-"

"Wow," a third voice spoke, from a different part of the house. I looked at Jooheon, who furiously avoided my gaze. "your bathroom floor is heated, that's actually so cool. It's like you just step off the shower and your feet are hugged by the ground."

I blinked. "Who the fuc-"

As if the Lord had summoned him from thin air, Lee Minhyuk appeared at the kitchen door, dressed in Jooheon's high school football shirt - from around the time he had surgery and put on several pounds from doing fuck all for 2 months; he could probably wear it as a dress now - & some shorts. He wore his red hair damp in a haphazard style with a relaxed, lopsided grin lighting up his face. The boy clapped once, clicking his fingers as he pointed to me. "Changkyun, right?"

"Yeah. It's great to see you here Minhyuk," my eyes involuntarily flitted to our common denominator - in the most literal sense - who had his eyes dead set on the floor. "question; did you come this morning?"

"Yes." 

"No."

The answers overlapped. I looked between the two of them.

Minhyuk drew breath suddenly. "Wait, are you two-"

"No!" The two of us yelped in unison.

"Are you two.." I held my index and middle finger up, moving them closer suggestively. Both of them blushed hard immediately, and only then did Jooheon look at me.

"I disappeared for one night and I missed all of this; also is this how you cope with my disappearing?" He started to lead me away.

"Oh stop. It just happened so suddenly, I'll message you all the details."

"Wait. How would you both feel about coming out with Kihyun and I tonight? See if that chemistry is the same as it is behind closed doors?"

My best friend blinked cutely for a few moments, before slowly nodding. I mirrored his expression, winking. "I'll message you the details."

can we add another 2 seats to our table
I mean
Assuming that we're sitting at a table
👀

YooKi 💛: i shall call to make that arrangement
YooKi 💛: I'm assuming it went well

yeah yeah, we're good

YooKi 💛: good babe

*NUTS*

The walk home felt far faster than usual, regardless of how many times I went around the block trying to imagine my response to any scenario I may face when I walk into the that house; I concluded that the worst would be I get disowned, and the best would be that they tell Kihyun to move in with us.

I eventually reached my front door, which was partially open. The scenery I had walked into consisted of my family sat on the sofa, two police officers stood before them.
"Changkyun!" My sister gasped, immediately standing up to hug me. Youngjae followed, and then my Father.

By the time we all pulled away the officers were gone, leaving only my Mother on the sofa. She stood up too.

"Before you deem this as another cry for attention, I want you to know that literally nothing you say will change the way I am; this is the way I'm meant to be and this is how I'm gonna be for the rest of my life, and like these wonderful people around me, like Jooheon, like someone who cares about their son," my voice faltered, and I mentally called myself a weak ass bitch. "you will do your best to support me. If that isn't the case, don't let the door hit you on the way out."

She stared me down, and I squirmed. "Not literally, though, mi casa es literally su casa. It's a metaphor! It can be a metaphorical door- it doesn't even have to be a door - it can be those beads you hang from a doorframe and people walk through-"

"Changkyun, I want to be there for you," she cut me off. "I was wrong for lashing out at you like that, and you disappearing last night made me think of the accident, and how I got that call from the hospital and I just feared that maybe this time it wouldn't be a call to tell me that you were alive. I came too close to losing you, and I don't want to lose you over something as trivial as this so, yes, I'll work on building a bridge. It will take some time, but I'll try my best."

"Thank you. That means a lot." A small smile tugged at my lips.

"I want to start this on a good note," Dad said. "I want Kihyun to come over again, and I want to meet him as your boyfriend, not a friend."

"Dad, that's a great idea." Jaeun beamed.

"Can we invite him over for Christmas Day? He lives with a roommate but he's going home for the holidays, so he'll be alone."

All eyes were on Mom, who nodded, but not quite in agreement yet. "I'll keep that in mind."