Chapter 15: Popcorn

Hey everyone.. I've been gone for a while now, and I apologize for doing that. I missed all of you so much. My aunt, the person who inspired me to write passed away recently, and that deeply affected me. I am putting this out because I just want to explain myself for disappearing. This is not asking for attention in any way. Take care everyone and I hope you enjoy this chapter

Also Merry Christmas everyone! 

Recap:

I think to myself as I scan through the menu. I am having a good time, these people seem nice and I'm glad to be going out after a while of not having any friends. I just hope for once it stays peaceful like this.  

-

Let me tell you one thing, it feels so relieving to be socializing with a group of people after a pretty long time of not doing so. We've all been chatting for the past 15 minutes as we wait for our food to arrive. From what I have observed this past hour, Annie has really great friends and that's a hard thing to find these days. Most people whom you once called 'friends' will wound up stabbing you in the back. Sounds cliche, but sadly it's true.

From the corner of my eye, I catch a waiter heading towards our table while carrying a huge tray in his hands. My mouth immediately begins to water at the sight of the delicious food on it. He carefully places my meal and the rest on the table and leaves. Due to my abnormal mannerisms, I directly begin gobbling down all my food and not paying any attention to anything else. 

Halfway through my meal, I notice Aria has barely touched her food. All she has been doing is poke her food and eat bits and pieces out of it. 

I watch her for a while and notice everyone else is almost done with their meals while she has barely touched hers, so I ask "Aria, is something wrong with your food? We can share mine if you'd like." I suggest.

"Oh no it's fine, I just ate before we got here and I'm just not that hungry. Thank you, Violet." She replies.

I wasn't convinced of her answer because I specifically remember Veronica doing the exact same thing when she would sit down at the table and barely touch her food. That damaged her for a long time until she finally overcame it. I just hope I'm wrong about what I'm thinking and she actually did eat before we came here. 

After we finished eating, I still felt hungry yet I decided to not say anything since I had already shown how much of a pig I am. Also, the entire time Aria had avoided me, and everyone else.  

We are now walking around the mall and deciding what movie to watch. Tyler and Cindy are having a well-heated debate on what to watch while me, Annie and Aria watch.

"Cindy, you don't understand. I've been waiting for the new Cars movie for ages now."

"No Ty, you're the one that doesn't understand how long I've been waiting for the new Spiderman movie."

It's been going back and forth between them for over 5 minutes now. Finally, Aria loses it and interferes. "How about we put a vote to it? Whichever movie gets the higher amount of votes, we'll watch."

Tyler humphs while Cindy nods in satisfaction.

Aria steps forward dramatically flipping her hair and asks. 

"Spiderman or Cars 3?"

Annie answers "Cars 3" without any hesitation.

"I pick Spiderman," Aria says.

Finally, they all turn their heads to me, "It's up to you Violet. You're the tiebreaker. I have no idea what to choose. I can see Cindy sliding her finger against her throat as if she's slicing it open. I believe she's threatening me, how wonderful.