Chapter 4: Detention

As I am about to head inside the classroom, I hear two voices yelling at each other. Based on how loud it is, I can tell that this is something serious. I hesitate whether I should get help, go inside and stop them, or just say here and listen. I was thinking the latter. Yes I know, it's wrong to eavesdrop but come on, it's not in my hands. I was just trying to get to detention and get this whole thing over, but now I'm just curious to know what's going on.

Their voices are pretty loud, yet I can't really make out what they're arguing about. Finally, I give up and decide to head in, to help stop this whole thing. But as I'm about to turn the handle, again, I stop. One familiar voice gets closer, and I hear him say "Whatever bro, I'm just saying it's not a very wise idea to actually go back there after how close people were to finding out who you really are. Fuck bro, You can't hide behind that mask forever." 

The door opens, and I stand face to face with an angry but shocked Alexander.

I knew I had heard that familiar voice somewhere. It's the guy who helped me get to class this morning. 

He looks at me for a good 30 seconds, and mumbles a "whatever" and quickly leaves. This whole time I'm just wondering, where the fuck is the teacher? As far as I know, people can't start a fight in the middle of detention and then just get up and leave whenever they want to. What is up with this school, it keeps getting weirder by minute. 

I go inside, and there's only one person in the room. I can't tell who it is since they are sitting face down on their desk. Whatever, I just need to get this hour over with, checking the time to see 5 minutes had already passed. 55 more to go. And still, where the fuck is the teacher or whoever is supposed to sit here and make sure we're behaving.

I sit down in the nearest desk, which happens to be close to that mysterious person's desk. I notice a message on the board which read "Students, the proctor will be in class 10 minutes late, in the meantime, do whatever homework, or work you have, and if you fail to do so, detention again tomorrow at the same time. Your work will be checked." Well fuck, I didn't think they actually take this seriously. 

Sighing, I take out my math book, to go through what we did today, and do the homework while I'm at it. Math happens to be my best subject.. People always complain about how complicated it is, I used to be the same. However, after I actually began to pay attention, and review the work correctly, I finally understood it. And ever since, it's been my favorite subject.

I realize I left my pencil case in my locker, and I don't have any pen or pencil with me at the moment. Looking at the teachers desk, there aren't any pencils or pens there either. I guess I'll have to ask the person sitting beside me for one. He hasn't even moved a muscle this whole time, is he even alive? I guess I'll have to find out.

I tap on his shoulder saying, "Hey, sorry to bother you. Can you lend me a pencil." He took a while to respond, but eventually he looks up, and moves his head towards me. And that was the  moment where I had regretted ever opening my mouth. 

It was him.

The evil ass who stole my donut, humiliated me, and caused people to harass me throughout the whole day. I was done with him, and now I'm stuck in a room with him for the next 50 minutes??!!!! Never, not even over my dead body. He smirks, "And where is your pencil? Why are you even here if you don't even have something to write with." Ugh, the nerve of this guy. I wanted to slap that stupid smirk of his face so bad. But that would ruin my chances of getting a pencil. "I asked for a pencil, not for your opinion." He opens his bag and takes out a pencil and hands it over to me. "Keep it, I donut want it back after you have touched it." Seriously, what the hell is wrong with this guy. Rolling my eyes, I take the pencil and immediately chuckle. It had donuts drawn all over it, what a coincidence.