Chapter 11: Questions

Recap:

I nod, and walk over to my door, looking back one last time. I go out and head downstairs.

I hope this goes well, If my mom finds out I have a boy in my room, that wouldn't end well, and that's a fact.

-

Taking a deep breath, I walk into the kitchen. 

My mom is sitting on the stool happily munching on the heavenly goodness we baked, well Gabriel did most of the work. At least, I offered to help multiple times, but he denied.

She finally notices me and hops off the stool, heads towards me and crushes me in a hug. "Hi sweetie, these cookies are delicious. How did you bake them, they taste better than mine!!"

I smile, feeling relieved. "A chef never reveals their secrets." I know I'm no cook, don't judge me.

She laughs as she hops back to her stool and continues eating. "By the way, how was the group work?" 

Oh no, I didn't think of what I was going to tell her. She cannot know Alexander stormed off, and then I was left home alone, with a boy. Plus, he's in my room right now, doing God knows what.

"Violet? Honey are you feeling okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." She asks with a worried voice.

"I'm fine, just tired after all the work we did. We finished the project and Gabriel is going to fix it a little this weekend. I'm going to bed now." I tell her.

I actually want to sit with her, and chat about our day while eating the cookies. Unfortunately, Gabriel is in my room and I need to get up there as soon as possible. I don't trust him enough to leave him in there alone.

She nods in understatement, "Okay honey, goodnight. Sleep tight." 

I hug her, and head upstairs. 

I hope my mom goes to bed soon, so he can leave. 

As I'm about to enter the room, I hear Gabriel talking on the phone. I know it's the second time I eavesdrop on his conversations, but it's not in my hands.

"What happened, How is she?" There's a pause, until I hear him again say, "Okay. If you need anything call me, I'll pass by tomorrow as soon as I can. Take care man." He says, and then closes.

I wait a few minutes, and then twist the door knob and go inside. I don't want him to think I was listening to his conversation.

He turns around, and looks at me not saying a word.

"My mom's downstairs, she should be going to bed soon. If she takes too long, you'll have to leave through the back door in the kitchen." I tell him.

He nods, and sits back down on the chair.

I head to my closet to change into something more comfortable. I grab a pair of black sweatpants paired with my favorite sponge bob t-shirt.

I turn back to him, "Can you turn around, I need to change."

He smirks, again. "Trust me, I'm not interested in seeing what's under those clothes."

I roll my eyes, "I really hate you, you know that right?"

"Of course, you never fail to remind me." He retorts.

"Perfect." I snap back.

He turns around, as I begin changing. A few minutes later, I finish and turn back around. "I'm done. You can turn around now." I flop on my bed, feeling very tired after this long horrible day.