Chapter 12: Bunny

Recap:

A few minutes later, I hear the door slide open.

Quickly, I wipe the tears off my cheek using my shirt and turn around. 

-

A lot is on my mind. School, how i'm supposed to afford school, money, him, practice, just everything. I just need a long nap, forever. I miss those happy days where I was with my family, at home. The days where we were all together. I would do anything just to spend one day like that again. 

I'm interrupted from my thoughts by Gabriel, who worriedly asks, "Violet, are you okay? You've been out here for a long time, and I just wanted to check on you." 

He must've seen or heard me crying, there's no way in a billion years he would actually care if I was okay or not. 

I must've zoned out again for a moment, because he asks again, "Seriously, you're starting to creep me out. What's wrong?"

"I'm fine, nothing is wrong." I answer.

He shakes his head, and opens his mouth to say, "Now that, is the biggest lie anyone could tell. I, for one, have my own experience with this. I can tell you're upset about something."

As shallow as he seems, he may actually have a heart deep down. But there's no possible way I'm ever telling him anything, or anyone. I'd rather keep everything bottled inside, than have what happened at my previous schools happen again.

"I'm not upset, Gabriel. I'm just not in the mood." I say.

He nods, and leans over beside me to look at the empty neighborhood in front of us.

We stay quiet for a while, until he breaks the silence. "It's a nice neighborhood, how long have you lived here?"

I tilt my head to my right, and look at him. He's still looking in front of him. His jawline is angled perfectly, why can't mine be like that? *sobs*

"A while." I reply.

He lightly chuckles and says, "Okay."

We stand there, neither of us speaking a word. A few minutes later, I hear a car coming down the street, as it gets closer, I get a clear vision of it and quickly realize who it is. Quickly, I grab Gabriel and attempt to pull him down to the floor with me.

I catch him off guard, and before I successfully pull him down with me, he looses his balance and falls, landing on his butt. It was hilarious.

He looks at me and angrily asks, "What the hell did you do that for?!!!" 

Rolling my eyes, I answer "My brother, you idiot. He's home. If he saw you, things would've been ten times worse than they would've been with my mother had if she had seen you."

He nods, "My butt is on fire. Make it better." He whines.

I look at him, "Gabriel, do I look like some sort of magician doctor? Stop whining, it'll get better."

He rolls his eyes and mutters an okay.

I decide to head inside, it was getting a bit chilly. I take a quick peek at the street, and see my brother's car parked. He must've went inside. I look at the idiot on the floor, and point to the door. He understands what I mean, and quickly gets up. I slide the door open, and we head inside.

"Stay here, and don't make any noise. I'm going downstairs." I whisper to Gabriel. He nods as I open the door, and head downstairs.

I spot Tate in the kitchen, so I quickly rush in and crush him in a hug.