Chapter 6: Angel

Recap:

"Violet Smith, report to the principal's office. Immediately."  

-

The whole class, including the teacher pause what they were doing, and turn around looking at me. I hated being the center of attention. Always have. 

Why does the principal even need me. I haven't done anything horrible...yet. 

Packing my books, I get up to leave. As I walk by the desks, I hear the same girl from earlier say, "Told you you'd be hearing from my daddy." I immediately understood what she meant. This daddy's little girl, is the daughter of my principal. I should've been more careful. I just attracted more attention to myself now. Why am I so stupid? The whole class starts to laugh and I rush outside.

Walking to the principal's office, I pray to God that he just lets me off with a warning. I've already gotten detention on my first day in this school. I can't get in any more trouble, or things would become bad. I promised my mom I this would be the last time I had to move schools. I can't break that promise. I reach the door, that read "Principal Lodge". I take a deep breath, and knock. A grown man's voice says "Come in."

I enter the office, noticing it's quite big. I notice many pictures of Principal Lodge with his daughter around the room. I sigh, remembering how much I miss my father. It's been two years ever since I last saw him. It doesn't look like I'll be seeing him anytime soon either. Things between him and my mother had been getting really bad. They never stop fighting, even when they're thousands of miles away from each other. 

He clears his throat, and begins. "Good morning Miss Smith. I hope you're enjoying the school so far. But I had noticed you had been getting  into trouble lately, specifically with my daughter, Ashley. I do not tolerate any bad behavior in this school, especially with my angel."

What angel? You mean devil. She's nothing near angelic.

"I was only acting in self defense. She was about to slap me, and she threatened me. Excuse me sir, but your daughter attacked me first and I was doing nothing but defending myself."

His expression changes, to a mad one. "Nonsense!! There were witnesses at the scene who swore that you had attacked her first." 

I seriously can't believe this principal, no wonder his daughter is insane. I see where she gets it from. I reply, "Can't you at least check the cameras to prove that I'm innocent here. This is not fair." 

He glares at me, "No. What's not fair is that you physically abused my daughter. You cannot go around slapping people and expect no consequence young lady."

I can't believe him, "Please, this is not true. Please just check the cameras. The proof is there, it'll only take a minute."

He clears his throat again and says, "Violet Smith, my decision has been made, you will be suspended for one day and be put on probation. That is why I have chosen one of our best students to keep an eye on you for the rest of the term. His name is, Gabriel Carter, I'm sure you two will get along just fine. At the end of every week, he will report to me how you're behaving both in class and around students. If the reports are negative, I will not have any other choice but to expel you." 

My eyes widen, not knowing how to react to this. It's too much to take in. 

First, I get framed by none other than the evil queen herself. 

Second, I get suspended.

 Third, I get put on probation.

 And finally, the worst of all. Gabriel has to deal with me for a whole term and knowing him, he'd purposely ruin my chances of staying in school. I just know he will.