Chapter 10: Cookies

Recap:

This will end in two ways, either in a complete mess, or a success.

This next hour is going to be very interesting.

-

I've always pictured Gabriel as the type of guy who's determined on making my life a living hell. However, he's actually offering to help me right now. I don't know what he's up to, but this doesn't seem like the Gabriel I know.

I feel a tap on my shoulder, "Hello? Earth to Violet?"

I look up, realizing I've zoned out for a moment, I finally manage to say "Are you seriously offering to help me? Or there's something in it for you?"

He laughs, and then says "Don't forget Violet, I'm supposed to be keeping track of your behavior, you piss me off, and strike, you're out of the school."

I manage to control myself before I slap that smirk off his face, he's seriously determined on making my life miserable. If only I could show him who's in control here, but I don't want any more problems, especially with Mr. Lodge and his little devil.

"Fine, and there's no need for me to piss you off, since you won't be ever getting near me after now." I inform him.

"Whatever, I don't even care." He spits out.

He pauses for a minute and then continues, "Anyways, the ingredients we need are:

-two cups of flour

-a teaspoon of baking soda

-a pinch of salt

-room temperature butter

-brown sugar

-granulated sugar

-2 eggs

-a teaspoon of vanilla extract

-a bag of semisweet chocolate chips.

Do you have all these items.? He asks."

I ignore his question, and ask something I've been wondering the whole time he was listing the ingredients, "Gabriel, why do you have the recipe for cookies memorized?"

I catch him off guard, he stutters for a moment before he finally answers, "Well, you know I'd just come across it a few times online, it's nothing much."

I raise an eyebrow at him, "You know you're a terrible liar? You bake, what are you so ashamed about?"

He rolls his eyes, "Whatever. If you dare tell anyone about this I will ruin your life."

"Don't worry, it's already ruined as long as you're in it." I retort back.

I start walking towards the kitchen, as he follows me. I take out a large bowl, a whisk, baking sheets and the rest of the needed items. I set them on the counter and look at him. "Now what?"

"Just preheat the oven, and watch me do my magic." He answers.

He begins to make the cookie dough, pouring all the ingredients in the bowl. I preheat the oven, and sit down on the stool watching him. He looks so graceful cooking. God, if I ever attempted to cook I'd probably burn the house down in a matter of seconds.

Snap out of it Violet, why are you even watching him.

As I'm about to look away, his cockiness finally makes a comeback, "Like what you see?" He asks with the famous smirk.

"Yeah, the cookie dough looks delicious. But you're blocking the view." I save myself.

"You've got it all wrong, Violet. I am the view." He says.