Chapter 49: Graduation Day/Going To College

Mayra's POV

I woke up a little early and got ready for my graduation. I wore my red cap and gown and drove to school to prep. Also because the school's principal wanted us to be there 15 min. early to give us instructions. I received my honor medal and valedictorian medal. I met up with Adriana who had a Visual Performing Arts medal.
"Hey girl!" She shouted giving me a hug.
"Hey! We did it." I said.
"Yes we did. Are you excited to go to University of San Diego with David?" She asked.
"Yup! I can't wait to see what the university has in store for me. What about you? Are you excited to go to Utah State?"
"Yeah I am. I mean, I'll be sad that you won't be with me all the time. But you better text me everyday!" She said.
"Of course! I expect the same from you." I answered.
She playfully punched me on the shoulder. Then we sat down while the principal was giving us instructions. After her instructions we lined up and went outside for our graduation ceremony. I looked for my family and I saw them and David and his friends cheering me on. We sat down and listened to the teachers and a random valedictorian student giving a speech. After all of the speeches, we lined up to get our diplomas. Adriana and I picked our favorite Spanish teacher, Mr. Robles to hand us our diplomas. I was next in line, and then the speaker called my name.
"Valedictorian and Honor student, Mayra Dominguez!" I heard everyone cheering for me including my family and friends. I walked up to the stage towards my spanish teacher and he gave me the diploma and took a picture.
"I'm proud of you Mayra!" He said.
"Gracias Mr. Robles." I said. I went down and took my seat. After everyone else got their diplomas, we threw our caps up in the air and met up with our families.
I ran up to my family and they gave me a hug.
"Congratulations Mayra! Felicidades!" They chanted. I hugged David for awhile and kissed him.
"Congrats grad! Ready to go to San Diego soon?" He asked.
"You know it." I told him.
We then went home and celebrated. It was probably the most memorable moments I ever had.  

5 Months Later

I was packing to go to San Diego. My dad and David carried boxes to put in the mini moving van. I didn't really need to pack much except for my clothes, desk, books, movies, my lamps, pictures, hygiene products and other things. David and I went to San Diego the other day to look for an apartment and we were able to find a nice one, not too big or too small. It was actually perfect for 2 people.
"I'm going to miss you Mayra." My brother told me.
I hugged him. "I'm only 4 1/2 hours away." I told him.
"Yeah by plane." He said rolling his eyes. I rubbed his shoulders.
"I'm just a phone call away. If you ever need anything or need someone to talk to, I will always be with you." I told him.
"Okay are we ready to go?" Shouted David.
"Yeah, just let me say goodbye to my family and go."
I went up to my dad. "You take care of yourself and stay out of trouble." He says hugging me. "I will dad. Keep being an awesome intimidating police officer." I told him.
He chuckled. "I'll miss you baby girl. I love you so much!"
"I'll miss you too dad. I'll call you and Mom everyday."
"You better." He then looks at David. "You make sure she's well taken care of and again stay—"
"Stay out of trouble or I'll be locked up for life." David finished the sentence.
"And to have a great time." My dad finished giving him a hug.
"I'll miss you mi hija!" My Mom said with tears.
"Mom, I'll call you everyday and I'll miss you too." I reassured her. She gave me a big hug. "You're going to do great in college. Just don't ever give up."
"I won't. I'll tell you and Dad all about it." I gave her a hug and told her, "I love you."
I then looked at Junior.
"I can't believe you're going." He said.
"I know little bro. But I'll be back."
"When?"
"I'll be back by Thanksgiving." I told him.
He smiled and gave me the biggest hug.
"Have fun being a Junior." I told him.
He nodded.
"Have fun being a Freshman." He snickered.
We then said our goodbyes and drove off to San Diego. This is going to be one wild ride with David.
"Are you excited to spend the rest of our lives together?" He asked.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"I mean are you excited to spend more time together in college?"
I nodded. "I am. I'm excited to be with you David."
"I love you baby." He said.
"I love you too."

The End

A/N: you have reached the end of the story. I was kinda thinking of doing a sequel about Mayra and David getting Married and having a child while Miguel plans on getting revenge, I don't know I'm thinking about it. If you'd like me to, give me some ideas. I had a great time writing this story. There were probably some parts I didn't like, but again I'm new at this and I hope you guys enjoyed the story as much as I did. Don't forget to comment/vote! :) Thanks a bunch