Chapter 43: The Proposal

3 months Later

Mayra's POV

The last bell finally rang. I went to my locker, put away my text books and went to my car.
As I was walking to my car I heard someone call my name. I looked to see and I saw Adriana running towards me.
"Hey girl! How's it going?" She asked.
"Great now that school is over." I said.
She giggled.
"Only 2 months until graduation!" She said cheerfully.
"I know I'm excited." I said.
"It'll be more exciting for you though." She snickered. Why?
"Um.. why?" I asked.
"Did Miguel tell you this morning?" She asked.
"Tell me what?" I asked. I was clueless.
"Oops, he might've told me it was a surprise. Never mind." She said. What is Miguel planning on?
"Okay, well I'm going to go home. I have my last Therapy session with Kelsey. I'll see you soon." I said.
"Bye girl!" She said. I drove home and did my homework. After I finished, my mom took me to counseling. It was my last one because from what Kelsey told me I improved. The only thing was that I had to pretend I got over David. (Yes I know, it has only been 3 months, but honestly he never was out of my mind. I miss him so much. I remembered the kiss he gave me and I remembered kissing Miguel. It wasn't the same, I was getting tired of being in counseling so I had to pretend I didn't like David anymore.)
As I went inside, Kelsey greeted me with Lucky. Lucky has grown too. He's such a good dog.
"So, are you happy that this is your last counseling session?" She asked.
I nodded. "It'll feel weird not coming here anymore. But yeah I am." I said.
She chuckled. "Well, it has been 3 months. Did you think you improved?" She asked.
I nodded. "I know I did. I finally got David off of my mind. I'm back to school, I'm still with my boyfriend and my mom and dad has been super supportive and my dad has been more chill." I said.
She nodded. "Well Mayra, you definitely have changed. You seem a lot happier. You've grown so much."
She grabbed a card and a gift. "I wanted to give you this gift. You may open it." She said. I looked Inside and it had a picture of me and Lucky. I remembered that Kelsey took me outside to play with Lucky as she was helping me.
"I love it. Thank you so much!" I said.
"I'm gonna miss you Lucky!" As I petted him. He licked my face.
"Is there anything else on your mind? Any questions?" 
"Nope, but I do want to thank you for helping me to gain a better relationship with my family and for listening to me and understanding me." I said.
"I have something for you too. It's not much though." I said as I gave her a photo of me. It was my senior Picture.

 It was my senior Picture

She smiled. "I will never forget that beautiful face." She said.
We gave each other a hug. "Good luck with everything!" She said.
"Thank you. You too!" I said. We finally left.
When we got home, I saw my dad and Miguel talking and laughing. What's going on?
"Mayra! How was your last counseling session?" My dad asked.
"It was great, sad but great." I said.
"That so good to hear mi hija." He said with joy.
"Hey baby!" Miguel said as he hugged me.
"Hey babe. What are you doing here?" I asked.
My dad came in. "He has something to say sweetie."
"I do I really do." Miguel said smiling at me.
"What is it?" I giggled nervously.
"Mayra, ever since I first laid my eyes on you, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I never thought that I'd be dating you especially for this long. Mayra, I pictured us being together for a long time. I knew you were the only girl for me." He said.
I felt my cheeks turning red as tomatoes. I'm a bit flattered... oh no... he's going to ask.... in front of my parents. I'm screwed.
"Mayra Dominguez will you marry me?" He asked. I looked at him with my hands on my mouth. I looked at my mom and dad. I also looked at Junior. They were all smiling and my dad started to nod his head. I don't know whether to say yes or no... I'm still in love with David, but I also know that my parents would never approve of him. This is it....
"Yes?" I answered.