I'm No Princess

Y/N's POV:

I know, I know I have some explaining to do, but right now isn't the best time. Why not? Hmm, well let's just say not all of us are that fond of hanging off a building. A very, very tall building.

"Don't look down. Don't look down. Don't lo—- Oh come on!"

"That's a very far drop princess, why don't you just come back up here with us?"

"Why does everyone call me 'princess'! I'm I the only one who can't see the crown on my head." I laughed as I kept dangling off the building.

"If anyone looks through that window, they are going to be terrified." I mumbled to myself as I tried to fix my grip.

Wait the window.

I got a too good look at the window, seeing as I was practically pressing myself against it. The glass was too thick for me to bash in and my gun was currently in pieces on the street below.

If I could just get the right velocity and angle, I could probably shatter it. But only if I had enough momentum, which wouldn't happen if I stayed down here holding onto a windowsill.

My phone started ringing, it was Ethan.

Of all times? Now?

"Ethan, I'm sorry I left early, but I really can't talk right now." I huffed out as I tried to see what I could use to get my needed leverage.

I would need something, preferably a rope, but up on a 30 story building that wasn't likely.

"I know, I know, but I need to ask you something."

My knife. I had an army knife in my pocket. I pulled it out and switched the blade. It was no where near long enough to break the glass, but made if I could just get the right angle and enough force I could shatter it on impact? But that would require me... flinging my body feet first not holding onto to anything and hoping to hit the knife perfectly.

But it was either admit defeat or a leap of faith. And I must say I am a stickler for being in the wrong.

I pulled myself up onto the ledge and was immediately surrounded by armed guards who cuffed my wrist.

"I knew you'd give up eventually, no princess would want to go die by falling thirty stories. Next time just be a bit faster in your decision." The round man said.

"I thought we established this, I'm no princess." I laughed.

"Just gag her before she spills anymore nonsense." He huffed.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

A different guard walked up to me with a cloth in his hand.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

The guard got closer and closer.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

The guard was three feet away from me.

Wait.

Two feet.

Wait.

One.

Now.

I slid between his legs and gave him a swift kick. He bent over in pain and I sprinted past two more guards to get as much running space as possible.

Shit Ethan is still on the phone

"Ethan now really isn't a good time." I spat out as I kicked some guy in the face.

Bad day to wear heels for that guy.

"No time is ever going to be a good time. So I'm just going to ask it." He said through the phone.

Dear god won't this guy get over himself and all his dramatic pauses? I'm a little busy trying not to die.

"I thought you were in Seattle?"

Well shit never mind.

I felt a hand on my shoulder so I kicked behind myself and threw him to the ground, he let out a very exaggerated groan.

"Will you be quiet? I'm on the phone with someone who doesn't know that— oh never mind." I huffed as I muted my phone so that Ethan couldn't hear me.

The guy who I had um 'emasculated' earlier was still in a fatal position on the ground.

"I really hope I'm not wrong about this." I mumbled to myself as I ran full force and jumped off his back.

Please don't miss. Please don't miss. Please don't miss.

I grabbed the ledge at the last second and flung myself into the window, glass cracking and shattering around me.

"And unmute." I said as I made my way through the shards of broken glass and onto the stairwell.

Wait forgot my knife.

I quickly ran back into the now glass covered room and collected my pocket knife before returning to the stairwell and really unmuting Ethan this time.

"Took you bloody long enough." I laughed as I made my way down the stairs.