"WOAH!" The boy exclaimed, throwing the plastic back to the side, a grin overtaking his surprised expression. "It feels like it's been ages since we had your special birthday cake!"

Mina laughed, a genuine laugh.

*-*

Mina's favourite parts of the classes in the Ninja Academy would be the ones they went outside. With a small smile on her whiskered face, she stood next to her brother. Fingers nervously twidling together, blue-violet eyes on the ground. She listened silently to what Iruka was explaining, once in a while looking up from the floor to gaze around the area.

The whole class was standing in a distorted semi-circle around the teacher, some people chatting quietly, others staring blankly at the sky, while some actually listened to what Iruka was saying. There were times she would accidentally make eye contact with students, but she would look away almost instantly, recognising the look they gave her.

Mina could feel her heart beating loudly in her chest, blood rushing to her ears making it a deafening sound she could only hear. She didn't know why, but the palms of her hands became really sweaty and clammy. One hand restlessly rubbing the back of her neck for an unknown reason.

Her name was called, but she didn't hear, the beat of her heart drowning out every sound. A little nudge from her brother finally brought her out of the thoughts, "It's your turn. " Naruto whispered, grinning from ear to ear making his eyes crinkle closed. Mina returned his smile and eventually turned to look at Iruka.

"Looks like we have a miss day-dreamer here," Iruka said, the unimpressed, annoyed and slightly disappointed frown on his face made Mina even more nervous. She smiled sheepishly, eyes almost closing fully but she was still able to see his brown eyes narrow.

She looked forward, noticing a blue haired female standing at the side of the white circle in the back training area of the academy. Mina gulped, staring into the fierce red eyes of the quite tall seven-year-old.

"If you were listening to me, you'd know that you're sparing with her," Iruka said blandly, looking at his clipboard and not stopping the kids from laughing.

They laughed while Mina hesitantly glanced at them, then back at her opponent. She slowly jogged into the circle, clenching a fist at her side in frustration. Mina and the blue haired girl were forced to shake hands before the match could begin.

Once the match started, Mina was instantly blocking punches and kicks. Placing a sturdy hand in front of her she blocked a punch to the face. Her blue-violet eyes were wide in surprise, unexpecting the hard attacks from the girl.

Doubt flooded her mind as she continued to be pushed back by the relentless attacks from the girl. And eventually, Mina coughed out the air in her lungs, experiencing being winded but the girl. Losing footing, Mina tripped over her own feet, falling flat on her back. Blue-violet eyes wide when feeling the pressure on her stomach, she locked eyes with the blazing red ones.

"You've got so much potential," The blue haired girl sneered, raising a fist, "Yet you waste it doubting yourself," Her fist came flying towards Mina's cheek, "I hate that."

Feeling the stinging in her cheek and the tasting the metal, Mina turned her head back to stare at the blue-haired girl. She narrowed her eyes, Mina shoved the girl off her, glaring intensely at her. "I get no help from others, ya know." Mina growled quietly, "Of course I waste my potential."

*-*

Her leg was shaking as she stayed seated on the plain hospital bed. Her violet eyes flickered from item to item, eyeing the things in the room. It was silent in the room apart from the noise from the outside. As soon as the door slid open her eyes shot to watch as the lady walked in, "Sakura!" Mina explained, smiling slightly.