Epilogue

"So this is it, then?" Rebecca rushed over to the back of Jordan's pickup truck and began unloading our cargo

"This is it," I said with a grateful sigh. "Took long enough, but there's nothing left in the condo and it's all cleaned up for closing next week."

I put in my two weeks' notice immediately after we finished presenting our Christmas display and then started moving the bulk of my things after that. However, I wasn't sure what to do with a lot of my furniture and my work clothes that weren't really suitable for my new lifestyle. It was a long couple of months sifting through everything, figuring out what I needed, and then selling or donating whatever I didn't. It was a strain, going back and forth, but we hired Rebecca to do what work she could when she wasn't busy with school and that helped ease some of the stress.

"How are the guests? Did you get all the rooms cleaned up?" Jordan hopped onto the bed of the truck to retrieve some of the heavier items in the back.

"They've all headed into town to get lunch and I finished up with the rooms about a half hour ago."

"Sorry, we weren't here sooner to help you." Jordan wriggled a small armchair out from between two boxes and pushed it towards the back. "Since we were driving down that way, I wanted to stop by the construction site and see how things were progressing."

"They're moving fast, aren't they?" Rebecca wore a wide smile as she wheeled one of my suitcases over to the curb. "Last time I checked, there was just a big hole in the ground and now there's framing three stories tall!"

"Well, they want to get done by ski season." He hopped down and closed up the tailgate. "And at this rate, they may actually get it done. That's what happens when you have money to burn."

"Rebecca," I said, drawing our young employee's attention now that I saw a break in their conversation, "did you ever speak with your school about that internship credit?"

"Oh yeah, I heard from them this week. It's too late for credit this semester, but I'm approved for an internship this summer."

"Good, we'll need the help," I sighed. "With me still getting settled in and learning the ropes, we'll need all we can get. And then, of course, once we rework the service hall and Gina's room into a master guest room, we'll have more people to take care of."

"And when do you suppose that will happen?" asked Rebecca with innocent curiosity.

"I'm working on it." Jordan's voice rumbled with a growl as he rolled his eyes.

"Swapping the laundry and storage rooms with the suite so that it's more accessible for guests is no small matter," I said to Rebecca as Jordan picked up a couple boxes and started heading for the guest house out on the lawn. "It will take a while, but I have every confidence that Jordan will have it done in time to take advantage of the summer crowd."

"Oh, that's good." Rebecca's smile shifted into something mischievous. She watched me join Jordan's side as we carried my things down to the apartment we now shared. "So, uh, do you think you'll ever be expanding your guest house too? In case there's ever more than the two of you?"