What's Bothering You?

After school, we decided to go to the lighthouse. And luckily it was exactly that time of day. Nothing eventful happened in school today. The only thing that is maybe mentionable is that Steph tried to flirt with Rachel and as an answer to that, we just heavily made out. And then she came straight to our faces, asking us if we were up for some threesome action. I don't share what's mine. Glad that Rach has the same opinion about that.

We decided on walking to the lighthouse, leaving my truck behind on the parking lot of Blackhell. Not that anyone would try to steal that rusty truck, anyway. I like it though, it's a very special way of second-hand.

Luckily it wasn't cold outside nor hot. The wind made it really comfortable.

Rachel and I walked up to the lighthouse, walking hand in hand, in a comfortable silence, all you could hear was the light wind playing with the leaves and our footsteps.

Then I thought it would be funny to pick her up and carry her the rest of the way, knowing it'd freak her out.

"CHLOE PRICE, LET ME DOWN!" I just giggled, not doing any intention of letting her down. "I SWEAR, YOU'RE SO DEAD WHEN WE'RE UP THERE!" I smiled at her. "Babe, I got you." She put her arms up, first in surrender, then to put them around my shoulders.

As soon as we reached the end of the road, I put her down and she was more than grateful for it. I sat down on the bench and patted the seat next to me. Instead, she sat down on my lap. "Not that I'm complaining but the whole bench is empty." - "But uncomfortable compared to your lap." Sounds reasonable. I kissed her forehead, watching her face light up. I love that about her. You can do the littlest thing and she smiles.

I buried my face into the crook of her neck as we watched the sunset, showing a beautiful combination of all colors you can think of. There was pink, orange, yellow, purple, just every color in the sky.

Rachel let out a big sigh. "What's bothering you?" I asked her, looking at her. "Arcadia Bay. I want to leave town so badly. It's too small for me to be happy here. I mean you make it a lot better, still I want to leave. Of course with you. I looked her straight in the face. " I know that and I said I will be your accomplice anytime. All we need is enough money to get us through some months if we won't find work." She just nodded but her mood lit up a bit. I hold her tight with my arms around her hips and smelled the light hint of jasmine. I love her smell.

And it was one of my most sleepless nights when I came home because Rachel wasn't next to me. Not because she didn't want to, but even her parents wanna see her daughter. As much as I hated that night, I understood her parents.

A/N: first, thanks for 6k reads. Second, the picture that's up there is my drawing. Thought you might like it!