•Hello•Fem!Keith x Reader•

Male or female, read it or skip it! Face reveal to thank you for 1k reads!!! :) ...... Oh well, cringe aside, enjoy this 'different' oneshot!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Keith? Keith! Come on, we understand it's not your fault!"
Keith flattened himself against the wall, sliding into an abandoned room inside the castle. He locked the door behind him and didn't dare to breath in case (Y/N) heard.

"Keith, you look fine! Just... not how we are all used to." (Y/N)'S voice was muffled behind the door but from the shadow Keith could see, they were leaning on it, unaware that he was on the other side.

Keith pulled his legs up to his chest and hugged them, trying to make the ears and slow-spreading purple go away. To no avail, he wrapped his jacket around him, hoping to get some sleep. He could hear (Y/N) slide down the door, till there was no further sound. Keith guessed they had fallen asleep and decided to drop off himself.

Keith woke up, in the dark and in silence. He reached a hand up to fix his hair.

Why was it so long? Was he still asleep? Keith pushed himself up and turned to open the door. He unlocked it and it slide out to reveal a very sleepy (Y/N). The younger fell from their position to land on Keith's legs. As Keith looked down to wake them, he noticed his figure was a lot more... defined.

"(Y/N)? Wake up, it's the morning." Keith put aside the reactions yesterday to him being Galra and gently kicked the Paladin.
"(Y/N)..." Keith saw a slight stir in (Y/N) and moved out the way. Their head hit the floor and they sat up saying, "I'm up! Allura, I'm up!" before looking around and finally seeing Keith.

"Hello gorgeous. What are you doing on this dangerous ship?" Lance stood up and taking Keith's hand, raised to his mouth and lightly kissed it. Keith blushed profusely and pulled his hand away.

"Very funny Lance. Come on, everyone is probably looking for us." Keith turned to leave the area but felt a hand grab his jacket.

"How do you know my name?" Lance asked, walking to stand next to Keith. His face was twisted in confusion as he assessed the person in front of him.

"It's me, Keith... oh wait. This is because of yesterday, isn't it? Very funny Lance." Keith rolled his eyes and tried walking again, but the hand was still there. He looked back at Lance and saw his eyes were wide.

"Keith? No no, you arent Keith. Look at yourself! No mullet, no harsh shoulders, no chi- oh my quiznak, you are!" Lance exclaimed after Keith punched him hard in the arm. He staggered back, rubbing the spot. Keith took the moment to properly look at himself. He had slimmer arms, legs and waist. His chest seemed to protrude out slightly and as he looked to his feet, long black hair swung to the sides of his eyes. Looking back up at Lance, he could see the boys confusion.

"Buddy, why...how... what?" Lance stuttered as Keith walked past him towards the more social part of the castle.
"How do I know?! I just fell asleep!" Keith shouted, running his hands through his now non-mullet hair. As he entered, the other Paladins rose and stared at him. Pidge was the first to speak.

"Keith... sort out your fringe." She said, with a straight face before sitting back down and doing computer stuffs that no one understood. Shiro and Allura approached him and started talking rapidly, probably theorising what was going on. Keith slipped out of the room and towards the castles grand lobby. He made sure no one saw him and slipped out, into the cold night air.

After walking till the Castle was out of sight, Keith collapsed against a tree, looking out over a distant village. He could see the lights slowly going out and brushed the fringe out of his face. Keith had only just began to think about how girls could possible cope with this much hair when a black silhouette stood out against the remaining lights.

"Keith? Is that you?" The voice broke the silence and Keith stood up, straightening his jacket. (Y/N) came into the light and immediately ran to meet him. They flung their arms around his neck and nuzzled into his long hair.

They stayed like that for what seemed like hours. (Y/N) was running their hand through Keith hair, braiding it and messing around with it as much as they could. The morning sun rose and the two stayed there till Pidge and Hunk found them, Keith's arms around (Y/N).

[time skip brought by the confusion in the fandom]

Keith stepped out of the pod and reached up to his hair. It was short again. Well, shorter. He smiled and looked around, spotting (Y/N) asleep against the wall.

He walked over and brushed aside some hair, only to see their eyes open and smiling.

"Hello. Nice to have you back."