"Why hello son, this is an odd assortment of guests you have brought. I see you have taken 'keeping your enemies close' to heart."

"We're not enemies," Zain said.

"Just annoying," Wren grumbled.

Oseron glanced over at Leona. She hadn't responded. She kept her mouth shut, standing at Wren's side. "Have we gotten slower too, or do you agree with being an enemy?"

Wren's father had always despised Leona. He too had a soft spot for Anna and adored her. The man went as far as sending the girl lavish gifts when she was still alive for every holiday in the name of the fairy kingdom against her and Wren's protests. It really made Devan that more jealous. His father even secretly supplied the items for Luke's pranks after Anna's "death" too, but Wren wasn't going to let Michael know that little fact. His father just loved causing trouble and being meddlesome. His new favorite hobby was targeting Leona whenever her and Wren were actively dating.

"No sir, I have no comment," Leona replied.

Oseron's mouth dropped open in shock. He jumped off his perch from the counter, walking up to Leona and grabbing her by both shoulders and shaking her. Zain was ignoring them, flirting with one of the baristas at the opposite end of the shop.

"What have you done with Leona?"

"Her sister died," Wren replied. "I killed her."

Oseron took his hands off Leona turning to his son. "You are a true warrior now. You know what that means?"

Wren nodded. He did. He could now take the throne. He really didn't care to discuss taking over for his father with Leona and Zain around. He didn't need that man to have further reason to use him as a pawn.

"Michael wants the Fairy's assistance in the war."

"The answer is no." Oseron's eyes flashed cold, glaring at his son before turning his back to head back towards the portal.

"Hear me out," Wren added.

"Why? It's always no. I don't fight Wizard's battles."

"Even if the elves are fighting?"

His father paused, turning in interest. "Hmm?"

"The royal family is split. A fraction has split off and sided with the giants. They have gone to attack the castle and requested backup to attack the strongholds here. Michael's plan is to keep the forces split so they can't reunite before the wedding and put a stop to it."

Oseron nodded, stroking his beard. "Well, those aren't the only players, as you are aware."

"You mean the demons?"

"Are we going to war with demons again?" Zain asked from across the room. Both Wren and Oseron shot him a look. Zain shrugged his shoulders and went back to flirting with the barista.

"I doubt the demons would ever side with him, especially now that both the Fitzgerald boy and Murrell boy are technically on the same side."

Wren nodded his head in agreement. His father was right.

"If not demons, then-"

Oseron cut his son off mid-sentence. "Yes, boy. You barely missed them. They have Declan, so he shouldn't be causing any trouble. His father is also with them."

"You know where our buddy, the Captain is?" Zain asked.

"Sillie, could you go on and take Zain to a room and entertain him before I ended up ripping him to shreds?"

"Yes sir," the girl gulped. She tugged Zain from the room despite his protests.

Oseron sighed shaking his head. "If they join this war, things will really get interesting."

"Yes, they will." Wren gulped at the thought of even more casualties.

Oseron grinned as he looked between Wren and Leona. "You know what, I'm going to play along with Michael and join the fight. I might as well seeing as they will never show themselves, am I right?"

Wren shook his head not quite agreeing with his father. With the way things were, he wouldn't be surprised if they did choose to make an appearance. In all reality, he was hoping that they would show up and knock Michael Noble off his self-made throne. 

~~~~~

Sorry it's been a while since I've last updated. So, who exactly are these mysterious beings that Wren and Oseron were referring to? Will Oseron and the Fairy Kingdom joining the fight give Michael the leg up he needs to win, or will the Resistance pull through? Stay tuned to find out... Hopefully, I will update within the next week. ;)

BTW, the song above is "Regret" by Avatar.