Affection and Refuge

*chapter warning - sex*

Rey stormed out of the building with no destination. She rubbed her eyes, which were welling up with tears. She looked around and saw the medical ward.

Ben.

Rey changed her direction and headed towards the bay. She pounded the button to open the doors and rushed inside. She hurried to Ben's bed, but he wasn't there. She stopped in her tracks and looked around frantically. A medic who was fixing a bed nearby saw her.

"We permitted him to return to his room," she said.

Rey nodded, beginning to back up. She turned around and ran out the doors. She rushed across the open hangar towards Ben's room. She threw the doors open and hurried to find him.

"Ben!....Ben!"
"....."
"Rey?"

Rey slammed the button and rushed in as soon as the doors shot open, nearly running into Ben. He raised his arms to catch her and held onto her arms, bending down to meet at her eye level.

"Rey!" Ben's eyes were wide and fearful.

She was panting, her hair falling across her face. Tears were streaming down her face as she held onto Ben's waist. His chest was bare except for the bandage around his abdomen, and he was wearing black pants.

"Rey, what happened? Are you alright?"
"They wanted to kill you, Ben..." she choked. "They voted against it...but they're going to put you in prison...for life..."

"Hey, hey, it's okay, Rey. Look at me." Ben loosened his grip on her arms and lifted her chin up with his hand. "It's going to be ok."

Rey blinked, letting a tear slide down her cheek. He wiped away the tear with his thumb then stood up straight and led Rey to the bed. They sat down at the foot of the bed and took her hand in his. He angled himself to look at her.

"I won't let them do this to you," Rey insisted.
"I know you won't." Ben didn't try to resist.

Instead, he leaned forward and kissed her lips. She gasped and leaned into him, her ears hot. She held onto his head as he grabbed her by the waist. Rey let her fingers explore his dark hair, which was now clean and soft.

Kylo pulled away from Rey.
"Let's run away, Rey. They can't stop us. Luke...Leia...they can't hold us back. You'll never be alone again."

Rey nodded with a sniffle, her lip quivering.
"Yes..." she breathed.

Kylo bent forward and caught her lips again. He got up off the bed and took off Rey's jacket and threw it on the floor, leaving her low-cut white tunic underneath. Kylo's hands explored Rey's body while they passionately kissed, causing her heart to pound.

Something seemed to explode between the two. They lost their sense of self within one another, sensing and feeling the other's emotions. They were connected, physically and by the Force. Ben wrapped his hands around Rey's head, pulling out the last of her hair ties and burying his fingers in her hair. He slid his hands back down to her waist, beginning to lift up her shirt. Breaking apart the kiss, he pulled Rey's shirt off as she held her arms in the air for him. When she lowered her arms, Ben dropped the shirt to the ground and looked at her. He eyed her body, admiring her toned, yet soft, figure.

She was so small, so fragile.

Kylo parted his lips in a slight grin. Grabbing her by the waist again, he backed her up onto the bed and laid her down. He gingerly climbed on top of her and kissed her repeatedly, sending pecks down she side of her neck. Rey closed her eyes as Ben took over. Ben trailed his lips down Rey's chest, passing between her breasts, drawing a whimper from the scavenger.

"Ben..." she breathed.

She grabbed his hair as he planted kisses on her stomach, sending shivers up Rey's spine. He drew a line with his tongue back up Rey's body, flicking his tongue over her breasts and making her gasp. He brought his face back up to meet hers with a wild grin. She looked up at him with both infatuation and awe.

"I love you," Ben gushed.

Rey had never heard him speak with such emotion. She began to affirm, "I love you..." but ended up moaning "Ben...!".

Ben had slid his right hand down Rey's warm abdomen and into her pants. He nuzzled his nose into her neck as her heart thrummed. Rey arched her back into Ben's touch as he moved his free hand to caress Rey's breast.

She whimpered Ben's name again and again. Ben closed his eyes and listened to her voice. He loved that soundso gentle and soft. So innocent and pure.

Rey panted, grabbing onto the white sheets of the bed, filled with pleasure and joy. She cried out with a shudder and fell back onto the bed. When her breathing slowed down again, she took her hand and brushed Ben's hair back off his face and behind his ear.

Ben pulled his hands away from Rey and laid down next to her on his side. Suddenly Rey grabbed him and rolled him onto his back, straddling him. She could feel him beneath her as she positioned herself on top of him. She leaned forward so that she was touching Ben's muscular chest and kissed him on the lips. Rey loved his lips, so full and soft compared to the roughness of his body.

She could feel him beneath her as his breathing grew faster. Laying a hand on his chest, she felt his heartbeat beneath her palm. Rey slid off his legs and sat next to him, leaning her torso against his chest. She lifted her hand and held onto Ben's face, then let her thumb brush against the scar cutting down his face. Ben shivered beneath her gentle touch as the scavenger traced the scar across his cheek, down his neck, and past his shoulder.

"...Rey," he sighed. He stared at her with longing. She met his eyes as she laid her head down on his chest. Their hearts beat as one, tied together by an invisible bond. She listened to the thrumming of his chest until she fell asleep.

Goodnight, sweetheart.