Released and Fleeing

Rey was lost in thought as an alarm began to sound. She watched as the pulsing of red lights appeared through the door. People began to run past her cell, yelling orders. She listened as booms echoed in the distance. She jumped up and ran to the door and began frantically looking for a way out. She began kicking and banging on the door, but to no avail. She was trapped. Suddenly, she felt a familiar presence tugging at her.

She felt as if there was a rope tied between her and Kylo Ren. She could feel the tether growing shorter and shorter as Kylo came closer. The door began to glow with red light. A lightsaber was suddenly protruding from the door, carving a hole in it. The metal flew out of the door as Kylo Ren lowered his foot and stepped inside.

"Kylo! How... how did you...a trap...!" Rey stammered.
"Later," Kylo said curtly and held out his hand to Rey. Rey grabbed it and Kylo helped her out of the smoking hole. Resistance fighters were busy shooting stormtroopers as they came around the corner.

"Wait," Kylo said, reaching into the folds of his robes. "I thought you might want this."

Kylo pulled out Rey's golden lightsaber, forged whole again. 

"Luke took the liberty of fixing it himself with the force."

Rey grinned as she took the lightsaber from Kylo and ignited it. The twin amber blades flickered and shone like fire in the darkness of the ship. 

"Let's get out of here," said Ren. "We didn't bring enough men for a head-on battle."

Rey nodded and followed after her rescuer. Their fighters followed them, taking care of any stormtroopers to wander along their path. They traveled through the labyrinth of hallways and doors. Rey could tell that Kylo knew where he was going. She assumed it was from the many years he spent with the First Order. 

"We should be almost there..." Ren hurriedly said to Rey. They began running, hearing more shouting and the firing of blasters. They turned a corner, only to come face-to-face with Supreme Leader Hux. Behind him was a host of stormtroopers and two Imperial Guards carrying lightsaber staves. The control panel of the blast doors behind them leading to the hangar was smoking and destroyed. 

They were trapped. 

~~~

"Not so fast. Miss me already, Ren? I knew you'd come," Hux laughed. "So easily persuaded by love."

Ren shook his head. Rey could feel his anger and frustration.

"Now you're finally going to get what murderers like you deserve."

"You can't stop us," Ren hissed, his steely eyes fixated on Hux. His lightsaber sputtered and hummed as he rose it into a fighting stance. He looked at Rey, who then did the same, her golden blades purring with energy. The Resistance fighters raised their blasters, ready for the command. Hux drew his blaster and held it towards Ren. He fired. As soon as he did, blaster bolts were flying from both sides, flashes of red and blue dancing around them. Kylo blocked Hux's shot with his saber and advanced towards him. The stormtroopers ran past to engage the Resistance. Hux backed up and motioned for the guards to attack. They sauntered towards Rey and Ren, their red masks reflecting the yellow light of their blades. They raised their blades and began to attack. Rey parried their blows. 

They were fast. Well trained, she thought. Powerful with the dark side of the Force. 

The guard was slowly pushing her towards the wall, Rey forced to take the defensive. The guard spun around deftly, his blade tangled with Rey's. He ripped her blade from her grasp, sending it flying away into the fray of stormtroopers and her allies. She cried out, the guard raising his blade to strike the final blow. 

A red lightsaber appeared in front of her, slicing through the guard's neck. The head rolled aside as Kylo shoved over the body. The other guard lay motionless behind him, his staff rolling away from the lifeless body. But another figure appeared behind Kylo, and struck before Rey had a chance to speak.