Healing and Helping

~Resistance Base~

For a few days as he was healing, Kylo Ren was still plagued by his uncontrollable outbursts of anger. Rey all too often found herself trying to calm him down after a seemingly insignificant event. Now, Ren was lying on a sofa in his new room in the Resistance Base, his feet kicked back onto the table in front of him, watching the holo-vid. 

Rey took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Ren sighed.

"Kylo?" Rey asked.
"Hmm?" Kylo grunted.
"Leia says dinner's ready."

Kylo sighed again, turning off the screen.
He grabbed his boots and slipped them on, buckling them tight. He winced as he stood up, the long, jagged gash across his chest not yet fully healed. He left his black cloak hanging on the back of a chair and left the room, wearing his usual black tunic and pants, though he had long since abandoned the arm wraps, which were annoyingly hot on this new planet.

Rey waited outside Kylo's door for him. She tapped her feet, anxious, as she usually was around him. He was so unpredictable. He made her nervous, though excited at the same time.
She punched herself in the arm as Luke's words came back to her.

Jedi feel no attachments.
Rey sighed.
How could she become a Jedi with Kylo Ren here with her?
She was jolted from her thoughts by Kylo Ren's door opening in front of her.
He stared down at her with that familiar icy glare.

"Uh..," was all Rey could manage. Kylo raised a brow.  

"You said dinner was ready," grunted the man.

 "Yes...right. Follow me." 

 Rey led the way down the hall and into the meeting room, where steaming food lay waiting on the long table. Several resistance members, including Luke, stood around the table, talking. Leia was already sitting, her head in her hands. When she heard the pair arrive, her head snapped up to look. When she saw the face of her son, the stern mask melted off her face.

"Ben," was all Leia could say as she stood up to meet him. Kylo didn't object to the name. He stared back at her. Rey could tell both were at a loss for words. A chef came in and placed a final dish onto the lavender tablecloth. Luke came over and sat next to Leia, and motioned for them to sit. Rey and Kylo took seats opposite Luke and Leia, and the other members filled in the table, including Chewbacca.

Kylo cautiously glanced around as everyone sat and began dishing out food. Everyone who happened to catch his gaze quickly snapped their eyes away. One Resistance member even jumped in their seat when they finally had the courage to take a glance towards him, making Kylo grunt in amusement, earning him a stern look from Rey.

Rey piled the food onto her plate, still not used to the abundance of food. 

 "You know, you can always get more," Kylo stated. Rey shot a glance at him and continued to eat vigorously.

"Don't eat so quickly, you'll throw up," Ren said emotionlessly, starting to put food on his plate. Rey took no notice of him and continued to eat.

Luke looked up at Kylo. "How are you enjoying your stay? I'm surprised you've made it this far, Ben. Without killing anyone." Luke glared at Ren. Kylo clenched his fists.

"Luke," Leia warned. Rey glanced between Kylo and Luke, feeling the tension.

"Must be hard for you, considering you hate everyone here, and you..." 

Luke was cut short by Kylo Ren jumping out of his seat, sending the chair flying backward and causing the table to shake. The room immediately grew silent, save for the clinking of disturbed glasses. Rey could feel the energy and power radiating off of Kylo. He reached for the lightsaber he keeps on his belt, only to find it not there. 

Confiscated

 Kylo dropped his hands, now balled up in his signature fists.

"Kylo..." Rey whispered, grabbing onto his wrist to pull him back down. He seemed to break out of his daze at her touch. He picked up the chair and sat back down and continued to eat. The rest of the meal was eaten in silence.