Return and Resolution

Rey gasped.

A sputtering red lightsaber came between her and Snoke. Her eyes followed up the saber to look at the wielder. Kylo Ren stared down at Rey, his eyes full of fire. He turned back to look at Snoke, shoving him back with his saber. Rey got to her feet. Kylo used his lightsaber to spin around Snoke's, causing Snoke to lose his grip on the saber. Ren flung Snoke's saber far away. Snoke backed up, shocked.                                                                                          

"How dare you! TRAITOR!" he roared.

Kylo held out his lightsaber, urging Rey to grab hold of it. She put her hands on top of Ren's, the blade pointing towards Snoke.
"Ren...you don't want to kill me...I am your master!"
Kylo Ren and Rey lunged at Snoke, shoving the lightsaber into his chest together.
Snoke's eyes widened, then his face turned into a scowl. Dark energy began gathering around Snoke, crushing him. There was a bright light, then Snoke was gone. Rey breathed a long sigh of relief, then laughed with joy.
He is gone! The First Order is defeated!

She turned to Ren to smile at him.
He stared back at her, his eyes full of pain. His lightsaber clattered to the ground. He was holding his side, blood covering his hands.
"Kylo?"
Rey grabbed him as he fell.
"Kylo!"
"It's alright, Rey... I've had worse. Please... We're safe now..."
His usually deep and stern voice was weak and shaky. His face was pale, even whiter than usual.

Rey sat down on the ground with him. She watched him, her face full of worry and concern. He grabbed hold of her waist, them both sitting on their knees now.
"Do you love me?" Ren asked. 

Rey hesitated. 

"Yes...yes, I guess I do. I guess I love you, Kylo Ren."

"I know," he replied with a smirk.

He pulled her closer, and she reached up with both hands and held onto his head, her fingers buried into his hair. He leaned closer to her, putting his lips on hers and kissed her.

Rey had felt nothing like this ever before. She flooded with warmth and uncontrollable love. Time and situation melted away as she kissed him back, unable to suppress her happiness. Rey's hands wandered through Ren's hair. Kylo pulled away from Rey, looking her in the eyes. His eyes didn't look like his own. They were soft and...warm. 

There was love in his eyes.

Kylo leaned back towards her and nuzzled her neck, making her giggle. Rey bent her neck down and caught his lips again. They kissed again and again with increasing passion, until Rey felt Kylo's hands slacken at her waist and his face relax under hers.

"Kylo?"
"Kylo!"
"No, no, no, no... Kylo, please..."
She laid him down on the ground and felt his pulse anxiously.
There was a very faint thrumming of his heartbeat beneath her fingers.
He's just unconscious. 

"Thank the stars..." Rey breathed.
She stood up. She down at her hands. They were covered in blood from holding Ren. She walked over to her cloak and put it on. It was still soaking wet, making her shiver.
She picked up Ren's lightsaber and the broken halves of her own and placed them in her pocket.
Maybe Master Luke can help me fix it.

She heard several booms coming from outside. The building shook, dust falling from the ceiling. We're under attack!
Rey rolled up her sleeves and bent down to pick up Kylo Ren. He barely budged when she pushed him. She groaned, picking him up. He's so heavy! Force, help me... She staggered to her feet. She carried him through the maze of hallways back towards the open doors. It seemed to take forever, every second ticking away as blasts echoed overhead. When she finally reached the doors, the laser gate had disappeared, allowing her to walk through. She looked up into the sky and shuddered.

TIE fighters and X-Wings circled around each other, chasing and battling through the thick downpour of rain. Red and green flashed all around her. She spotted the Millennium Falcon flying among the ships. She tried to wave at the ship to catch Chewie's and Finn's attention. The task was extremely difficult, considering she was carrying a very tall, almost completely grown male. Luckily, someone in the Falcon saw her and came in to land the ship. She ran out through the rain to meet it, climbing aboard as soon as it touched the ground. Finn was waiting inside and slammed the button to close the door once she was in.

She rushed to the emergency bed and laid Kylo down.
"What?! What is he doing here?" Finn asked incredulously.
"No time to explain, we have to help him now."

Rey felt the Falcon take off again. 

"Chewie, what's going on?" Rey yelled, as she slipped off her cloak and threw it to the side. 

Chewie roared the answer.
Rey translated for Finn, who was looking questioningly at Rey. "We're fleeing the fight. We're heading back to the Resistance base with the rest of the X-Wing fighters. The First Order ambushed us here as soon as they knew we had defeated Leader Snoke."
Finn nodded.

"Now we need to help Kylo," Rey added. She took off Ren's outer cloak and dropped it to the floor. His tunic was covered in blood. So much, that she could tell even though his clothes were black. She looked over the large wound that now stretched from his right shoulder down past his hip. Even though lightsabers are usually hot enough to burn and cauterize the wound, this one was too deep, and therefore bleeding heavily.

"There's not much I can do for this...we're going to have to wait to do major work until we reach the Resistance. But I'll do what I can to hold it out." Rey grabbed hold of a thick roll of bandages. She lifted up Ren's chest and pulled the bandage around and around, then fastened it at the end. It didn't cover everything, especially with his shirt still on, but it covered the deepest parts of the gash.
"This'll stop some of the bleeding for now..." Rey told herself.

~~~

Rey was sitting at the circular couch, fiddling with the Dejarik game table. She couldn't stop looking over at Kylo Ren, anxiously awaiting his awakening. She was lost in thought when she felt the Falcon drop out of lightspeed. 

"We're here!" Shouted Finn. 

Rey stood up and walked into the cockpit. She stood behind Chewie and Finn, holding onto their chairs where they were sitting. She watched through the window as the Falcon flew into the hangar and landed. The X-Wings began to land all around them.

Chewie led the trio out of the cockpit. Rey tapped Chewie on the back and motioned to Kylo. He looked at Ren and then back to Rey sympathetically. He walked over to Kylo and gently picked him up, carrying him through the halls towards the door of the Falcon. Rey pushed the button to open the door then followed Chewie out, anxiously watching Ren. Finn brought up the rear and closed the doors behind them.

Leia came running out of the base across the hangar, looking around frantically. She spotted Chewie carrying the unconscious Kylo and stopped dead in her tracks. Chewbacca continued walking towards Leia, who had raised her hand to cover her mouth. She lowered her hand and began walking towards them again. 

Ben... 

Leia mouthed her son's name.
As she reached the group, she held out her shaking hand and stroked his hair. She let her hand travel down his cheek and caringly brushed her fingers against the scar cutting across his face. She turned to Rey. 

"Thank you..." She mouthed, tears now streaming down her face. Rey let a tear fall down her cheek, overwhelmed by the situation, overwhelmed by the son who hasn't been seen by his own mother in years.

A group of medics suddenly rushed up and took Ren from Chewbacca. They laid him into a transport, people rushing around him, already trying to patch him up the best they could. Leia leaned into Chewie for a hug. He wrapped his furry arms around her, holding her tightly. Rey caught herself staring towards the place they had carried off Kylo Ren.