"Alright since I proposed to Daddy I no longer have a gift for him and neither do you," I said turning to the back seat to look at him. I drove first to a florist and purchased a bouquet of wildflowers than we went to the mall. Amar picked out some shoes he said that Noel was looking at but didn't buy so I got them in his size then I bought chocolates and clothes that fit his style. I had gotten my first check a week ago and it put my last check from the station to shame. Also, my student loans weren't due for payment for another month so I decided to splurge. When I felt comfortable with the bounty we had gotten I drove us both home and carried the bags to the apartment.

"That's too much," Noel said as we entered.

"Actually it's not enough."

"Yeah daddy it's not enough."

He smiled at Amar repeating me then smiled as we watched him open bags and smell the flowers I got him.

"This stuff is so nice," Noel said with a smile, TLC playing in the background.

"It's your day what do you want to do? We can go out to eat as a family than come home and have a repeat of last night," I said with a flirty smile.

"I want to spend tonight with you guys. I ordered some Italian when I was waiting for you two so that should come and we can watch some TV," he responded.

"Alright then," I said.

"Amar let's go change out of these clothes then we're going to watch TV with your dad," I told him but he was already in his room. I shrugged and walked to the bathroom and took a quick shower and put on some pants and decided to stay shirtless since it was a little warm in the apartment. Walking back to the living room I sat right next to Noel and he leaned on me as he watched his boring show. It went on for hours to the point where I was actually interested in what was being portrayed on the screen.

"I'm tired," Noel said finally getting up off the couch food trays around us. I got up and picked them up and placed them in the trash while the TV went off and Amar chatted with Noel.

"Can we play sleepover," Amar said meaning he was scared to sleep in his bed as I was about to tell him no in a gentle way so when Noel said yes I looked at him in surprise since he said he wanted Amar to learn to cope with fear on his own.

"Just for tonight, we have something to discuss with him anyway," Noel said grabbing Amar's hand and leading him to our room. After making sure everything was clean I walked into the room where Amar was speaking about some cartoon and Noel was laying there listening intently to his every word. I smiled as I got on the other side of Amar who was still talking.

"Hey, Amar do you know what adoption is," Noel asked him when Amar took a breath.

"No some of the kids at the home talked about it," he said his attention now on what Noel was saying.

"Well, adoption is when two or even one parent really wants a child in their family but can't have children or just want to bring in a child in need so they look all around the world or in the foster care system and find a child that fits into their family. Well, you see me and Austin are going to become a legal family and we want you to be a part of that. Isn't that right Austin," he asked bringing me into the conversation.

"Yeah, it's just us making you our child legally so when you call us Dad or Daddy it actually means we're your father's as far as the world is concerned," I said to him. He looked like he was in deep thought.

"What about my first mommy and daddy. Do they stop being my mommy and daddy," he asked us.

"No not at all, your mom will always be your mom even while she's dead and your dad will always be your dad. If you ever want we'll even take you to see him," Noel said and I wasn't sure I was too keen on the idea but I didn't want to disagree in front of Amar when we had made great effort to present a united front so he knew that he couldn't put us against each other.

"If you adopt me I won't ever go back to that home? Oh, can we get a puppy the families on tv have dogs?"

"Even if you don't want us to adopt you we won't let you end up back in a home. We'll have to talk later about getting a puppy," I assured him.

"Okay well I want to be adopted so I'm adopted now," he said with a smile. I chuckled and so did Noel," that's not exactly how it works but yes you're getting adopted now."

Noel looked at me with a smile before opening his mouth to speak, "Goodnight little and big man," he said turning around.

"Love you guys," Amar said getting comfortable meaning he already started kicking me on my side but I wouldn't have life any other way.

"Love you too."