Warm

"Noel"

Waking up in someone's arms was a first for me, and I honestly loved how it felt. Austin's body was hard almost like a protective pillow around me making me feel safe and warm. At some point during the night we had turned, and he was now spooning me. He was a slight mouth breather so every time he exhaled a delightful tickling sensation spread from my neck. His sheets smelled terrific like a cologne that may have been made by Tom Ford or something of that nature. The only issue was the wedgie caused by my bikini brief type underwear that I was still trying to fix without waking him. I moved my left hand to me and tried shifting, but it wasn't working. I felt Austin maneuver in his sleep, and then I felt something hard rub against me.

"You have to stop grinding into me before you cause an even more awkward moment for the both of us," he said sounding tired. I felt him shift onto his back and he moved his arm as if he wanted me to turn around, so I did.

"Good morning," he said with a smile.

"Good morning," I said moving my hand around discreetly pulling my wedgie before covering my mouth before I spoke.

"I think I have an extra toothbrush in the bathroom somewhere Ill find it," he said getting out of the bed and leaving his bathroom not once facing me. I sat up in his queen-sized bed then kicked my feet over the side moving to where my feet were touching the ground then stood up. My pants were all twisted up to I have to fix them and rebutton them just as Austin came back with a sorrowful expression. "Well I didn't find the brush, there's a CVS like two minutes away I can run and get you one or I can take you home," he asked me which I nodded to the former.

"Alright, there's food in the refrigerator I'll be back ASAP," he told me before quickly throwing on some clothes and leaving out his front door. His wood flooring was warm all through the house which I had to walk through to find my phone. I only had two calls from in my log both of which from Chloe. I was one of the few people she preferred to call instead of texting. I sent her a text telling her that I was okay knowing she wouldn't see it since it was nine in the morning on a Saturday, so it was a safe bet that she was sleeping. Placing my phone in my pocket, I walked over to the kitchen area and looked inside the refrigerator which was sparse. A sign of a bachelor with long work days. He probably ate out more than he cooks for himself. I grabbed the ingredients necessary to make some eggs and then searched around for a pan and utensils. When I found them, I scrambled a few eggs then sat on the couch waiting for Austin to return. He barreled through the door about ten minutes after I had finished my food. He was lauded with grocery bags and was shivering a little bit.

"What's all this," I asked walking over to help him out.

"Look out the window," he said to me. I walked over to one of the windows that was blocked by his blinds and pulled it all the way up revealing a winter wonderland.

"It's snowing...in Texas," I was astonished. There had to be a good six inches of snow on the ground.

"Yeah they shut down the highway, and there were like two accidents not too far from here," he said walking up behind me with a bad in hand.

"The freeway is closed down so I can't get you home until later. I got you a toothbrush, underwear, and warm socks. I can throw your clothes in the washer if you want."

He handed me the bag, and I thanked him before going into his bathroom which was a little cluttered but not filthy. I turned on his shower and brushed my teeth while waiting for it to warm. When I was done with the cleaning, I jumped in the shower then dried off with one of the towels that were folded on his counter. When I was dry I broke into the plastic package containing small sized briefs that were a neutral color. I placed the black pair aside before sitting the package down and then pulled them up. Using the towel I had used earlier I turned it into a modesty cover and walked out the bathroom with my dirty clothes in hand.

"Hey can you wash this and can I borrow a shirt," I asked him.

"Oh I should have gotten you some shorts or something," he jumped up from the couch placing an empty plate on the coffee table. I followed behind him as he rummaged through a dresser then handed me a medium sized shirt that he apparently didn't fit. It was so worn in some places that it was see-through and had the name Liesman on it which I assumed was a high school. He then went back to rummaging and handed me some cut up sweats.

"These are the smallest things I own; I'm gonna shower and leave you to change. The laundry machine is a combo so just read the directions, and you should get it, and it's hidden in the pantry closet," he said while scanning his dresser for a set of clothes. Once he had a fell outfit, he walked into the bathroom closing the door. I quickly changed then went to place my clothes in the laundry machine which I had to read to understand. Once I was done, I retrieved all the dirty dishes and began washing them. I didn't know where they went, so I just left them in the sink to dry off on their own. After the dishes were done, I put away the groceries then walked over to the couch and began channel surfing but really couldn't find anything suitable on the television.

"So what do you want to do," Austin said walking up behind me. He looked good in his v neck t-shirt and loosely fitted joggers. I watched as he took a seat less than a foot away from me.

"There isn't anything good on tv today," I said trying not to stare at him and be awkward. He smiled then leaned over and started searching for something under the couch until he leaned upright producing two video game controls.

"Here," he said handing me one and then took the remote from me to change the input. He loaded up a fighting video game.

"I'm not any good at video games," I said to him.

"That's fine I can teach you," he responded and smiled. The next thing I know we were two hours and thirty minutes deep into the game and I had mastered most of the moves on the command list and had won the last ten rounds. At first, Austin was having fun beating me then he slowly got quieter and started getting more serious. Just as I was about to throw a fireball at his character the screen went black, and the room got silent.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me," Austin said.

"It's a good thing it went off I was about to beat you again," I teased him leading him to roll his eyes at me.

"Let's go lay down before it gets cold in here," he said standing up and grabbing my hand. He led me to his bed, and we both climbed in. I don't know when it happened, but I wasn't nervous around him as much anymore. I got as close to him as possible smelling his body wash.

"How have you been since the incident," he asked turning the both of us so that we were looking into each other's eyes.

"I feel better," I honestly replied to him.

"That's good, I like you way too much for you to go off and do something stupid to yourself," he said before he kissed me. It wasn't like any other kiss that he had before it was deeper more tender. He pulled me into him until I was pressed into his arms. My arms made their way around his neck as I returned the kiss. I could feel his hands begin to roam my body, and I knew if he had done this any sooner than this moment I would have pushed him away, but I just felt so comfortable with him. He was safe; I knew better than to make him my only sense of safety since he could still hurt me, but to understand and to abide by what you know is best for you are two separate concepts. He stopped rubbing me and pulled away smiling like a big kid.

"I've been waiting to hold you and kiss you like that for a long time, but I didn't want to push you away. I wanted to make sure you were okay with being mine, and with me being yours," he said and placed his forehead to my own. I looked into his eyes seeing how sincere he was and leaned in kissing him while warmth flowed through my body.