Parental

"Noel"

My eyes opened wide with a smile on my face at the feeling if Noel's warmth. I looked over his bare shoulder and saw my ring on his finger and felt this tremendous amount of joy bubbling up from deep inside. On the side of his neck was a passion mark that I had left last night. I didn't want to pull away but I was hungry and I knew that Noel would be as well so I gently slid out of bed and quietly found some shorts and a tank to wear then opened the door walking to the living room where Amar was sleeping with the television on. He had developed a fear of the dark and would wake up in the middle of the night and go to sleep on the couch with the television on. It was already nine in the morning so he had missed two hours of class. It would be best to just let him sleep.

Walking to the kitchen I made one of my few successful meals toast infused with an egg. I placed bread on the pan with butter then added a beaten egg with spices on top and let it cook evenly on both sides. It wasn't much but it tasted good and was filling.

"Dad I want one," Amar said walking up to me. I grabbed him a plate and placed a single slice of toast on it before handing it to him. I loved that he saw me as a dad because I definitely cared for him in the way a father cares about a son.

"Do I have to go to class today," he asked me.

"No it's late and your Daddy's birthday, plus guess what," I asked him.

"I don't know," he responded.

"I gave your daddy the ring and he said yes so we're getting married soon," I said and he smiled wide. I didn't tell him about the adoption part since I felt that it was a discussion we should all have together.

"So you guys will be together forever," he inquired.

"That's the plan, how about we go play some football while Noel sleeps," I asked with a mouth full of food which didn't set a good example.

"Sure...Why were you and Daddy making weird noises last night," Amar asked me and I almost dropped my food on the floor.

"Umm Noel was yawning...go get dressed," I said to him and he shrugged before running off to his room.

"Happy birthday Daddy. You and Dad are getting married," Amar said and I turned to see Noel walking up in some cloth shorts that hung on his hips and his shirt was worn to the point of being see-through in some areas.

"Good morning and happy birthday baby," I said meeting him for a kiss. I knew he was expecting a normal kiss so I amped it up by lifting him by his thighs and placing him on the counter so I could freely feel on my fiance's body. He pulled away and smiled at me.

"You look sexy as fuck today. I'm going to take Amar to toss the football around but we will be back later I know you enjoy alone time," I said to him as he looked over to the side.

"You need to learn how to cook. I'm not talking about barbeque because that's seasonal. I'm talking about the basic healthy meal for Amar. I don't want to have to cook for him all the time and you know I'm going to be working weird hours," he said to me.

"First of all your man throws down in the kitchen," I lied.

"Yeah right," he retorted.

"Anyway, I will see you in a couple of hours and let you catch up on Sister Wives," I said walking away and getting dressed in our room. Noel loved TLC shows for some odd reason.
Amar met me at the door and we walked to my car than I drove to this park not too far away and there where people were walking dogs or going for Friday morning jogs. Luckily I got the day off to spend with Noel and Amar.

"Go long lil man," I said to him and he ran as fast as he could. When he was about twenty yards away I threw the ball at him and he caught it and celebrated. He had to run up closer to throw the ball back to me but he had a good arm. We continued the routine for about half an hour before we stopped and I took him to get some water which I should have gotten before the drive to the park.