b o n u s - c h a p t e r - c h r i s t m a s

♥

e p i g r a p h

❝christmas isn't a season.

it's a feeling.❞

(ALTERNATE UNIVERSE : CHRISTMAS)

"Oh the weather outside is frightful."

The skies were painted with hues of gold lighting the horizon, the day slowly giving birth to night. Small flecks of white dotted the cold winter air, creating a picturesque view.

Chloe buried her face deeper into the warm fabric of her scarf as she walked, hands red and frozen in her coat pockets.

Despite her warm get up, she couldn't fight the impossibly low winter degrees taunting her every step. She got cold very often, and she just couldn't help it.

Her lips let out a sigh of relief as she entered the mall doors, the heating system relieving her cold.

"But the fire is so delightful."

"I knew there was something I forgot," She muttered under her breath, silently cursing herself for completely forgetting to stock up on packets of hot chocolate mix. "Now I have to trudge through the cold and the dark. What a great way to spend Christmas eve."

Chloe strolled along the aisles, fingers slightly brushing past the merchandise as she walked. "Hot chocolate, hot chocolate...Ah! Here it is!"

She plucked three boxes of hot chocolate off the shelf, hugging them close to her chest. "Mission complete."

After checking them out at the cashier, Chloe took a deep breath and stepped back out into the cold. She ran as fast as she could, bracing the cold. Her breath came out in short pants, visible in the air.

Before long, Chloe found herself standing at the front of her house, breathing heavily. "Made it." She grinned triumphantly, holding the bag of hot chocolate in the air as if it was a trophy.