c i n q

♥

e p i g r a p h

❝our hands are light and blue and gentle

and our eyes are are full of terrible confessions❞

anna sexton

"Chloe!"

"Chloe!"

Chloe jolted at the sound of her brother's voice. "What do you want now?" She grumbled.

Her brother, Elliot, poked his head through the door.

"Hey mom," He greeted as he walked towards Chloe and her mother, who were currently sprawled out on Chloe's bed.

"What is it?" Chloe asked, annoyed.

Elliot sighed exasperatedly. "Did you happen to give a boy named Hunter my phone number?"

Chloe blinked once, then started to laugh.

"So it's true." Her brother rolled his eyes.

"Chloe!" Her mother frowned disapprovingly at her. "Do I have to give you the Don't-Give-Boys-Your-Brother's-Number lecture?"

"Mom that doesn't exist."

"Well, he wants to talk to you." Elliot interjected, holding out his phone.

Chloe's eyes widened as she shook her head furiously. "Tell him I'm not here!" She whispered harshly, making sure Hunter couldn't hear her voice through the phone.

Elliot raised an eyebrow, pressing his phone against his ear. "Chloe says she's not here," He drawled out matter-of-factly.

Chloe hissed, making an "I'll-kill-you" sign by drawing a line across her neck. Her pea-brained brother smirked.

"Well, since Chloe isn't here, I guess I'll just have to give you her number," Elliot sighed, mocking sorrow. "It's just too bad she isn't here. I'll never know if she opposes this act of generosity performed by her older brother."

"ELLIOT!"

Elliot began to recite Chloe's phone number into the phone despite her protests.

"Mom! Do something!" Chloe complained, turning to face her mom, who had a evil grin on her face. "MOM! Not you too!"

Her mom rolled her eyes playfully. "Come on sweetie, you don't have to be so rude."

"Yeah!" Elliot agreed after hanging up.

"He sounds nice." Chloe's mom offered.

"He's not."

"Uh huh."

Chloe crossed her arms as she slumped over on her bed.

"Aww is wittle Chloe blushing?" Elliot cooed.

"No I'm not!" Chloe shouted.

"You're so cute when you deny your feelings." Elliot reached over and pinched her cheeks.

Chloe swatted his hand away.

"I'm surrounded by idiots." She muttered.

" She muttered

ship <3