16 - B U R N

"Well , well look at the Lopez."a voice said behind me.

I shivered hoping it wasn't who I thought it was..

To my surprise it was just the doctor , I've started becoming paranoid since earlier today. I looked up at the doctor who looked very familiar.

"I'm doctor Waters,ill be your doctor." He said picking up ray's chart.

I instantly knew who it was .

Cory waters

I started smiling and blushing like I was in 8th grade again. What are you doing Taylor ? he probably doesn't even remember you. Plus he's your husband's doctor.

"well Mr.Lopez, your pretty messed up , you have two broken ribs , your shattered your knee cap,you'll need a lot of therapy." Cory said putting the chart down.

I couldn't even pay attention, I was to busy watching his lips.. Focus Taylor.

"I think I'll be able to do it,as long as I have my beautiful wife by my side supporting me." Ray said smiling at me squeezing my hand.

Cory looked at me slowly , smiling with a puzzled look on his face like he was a little kid who just saw Santa Claus for the first time.

"Well that's great,ill have the nurse come and give you your meds, first thing tomorrow morning."

"Okay thanks doc." Ray said smiling at him.

Cory walked out the room, probably going to his next patient.

I shot up, I had to talk to him.

"Where are you going?" Ray said looking up at me.

"Oh the bathroom.." I said looking down, I knew if I looked him in the eye he would know I was lying.

"Hurry back."

I nodded and walked out , seeing doctor waters walking right in front of me.

"Cory!" I said quickly. Shit, Taylor what are you doing.

He turned around smiling at me . "Taylor."

God, that smiling was killing me. I smiled back walking over to him. "It's been so long."

"It has,14 years." He said looking me up and down.

"Yeah.. How are you?" I said making sure his eyes stayed on my face,this was just a friendly conversation. Right?

"Good..and you?" He said rubbing is neck.

"Great,are you married?"

"Actually , I'm single.. But I see you happily married."

"Yeah."

There was a awkward silence between us that made the room feel so small.

"Well I'll let you get back to your job."

"Yeah.." He said smiling at me.

I turned around , walking back to rays room.

"Wait , Taylor ? Would you like to go to lunch with me tomorrow?"

I thought slowly, why not ? It came harm anyone and it's not like I'm going on a date with him. "Sure." I said smiling .

"See you later then." He said turning around.

I walked back into rays room , seeing a smile move across his lips as I came in.

"You good?" He asked .

"Why are you so worried about me all the time? Your the one in the hospital bed . I should be worried about you."

"Hey.. Your my girl,that's my job. You've been my girl since I laid eyes on you and that's how it's gonna be until we die." He said kissing my hand.

Until we die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N : I love your comments! You guys always have my laughing , keep coming and voting , do you think Taylor's gonna fall for Cory again and leave her whole life with ray behind?