14 - A L L T H A T M A T T E R S.

Taylor

I sat in the bed worried to death waiting for ray to come home.

every sound I heard I hoped it was him.

the phone rang and I quickly jumped from my spot to the bed and grabbed the phone not reading the caller ID. "Hello ? " I said quickly hoping it was ray calling to say he was coming home.

"hello, is this Mrs.Lopez ?" A unfamiliar voice said over the phone.

"Yes, this is she may I ask whose calling." I said slowly pushing my hair behind my ear.

"This is the hospital, your husband rayan got into a car accident and it's urgent that you come." she said as calmly as possible.

Tears instantly fell from my eyes "sure, I'll be right there." I hung up the phone putting my boots on and jacket. I walked in Ava's room lightly tapping her.

"Baby girl , wake up we have to go somewhere." I said picking out a jacket and sneakers for her.

She rubbed her eyes faintly "where at we going mommy ?" she asked sitting up.

"Don't worry about it baby, I'll be in your brothers room." I said before walking out. I pulled my self together trying to make sure my kids didn't see me upset.

I woke up the boys and got them dressed and walked into miracles room pulling her jacket on and putting her in her car seat , i waited downstairs for the kids to come down.

When they finally came down I held up a thumbs up "ready ?" I asked opening the door with my one good hand.

They nodded half asleep and walked out to the car , I called my parents to see if it was okay to drop the kids off.

I pulled up in their driveway as my dad came out and grabbed the car seat and the kids hands."be careful, sweet heart." Was all they said before walking inside closing the door behind them.

I got back in my car pulling to the freeway when tears started falling from my eyes.

"God damnit ray!" I said as I banged my hands against the steering wheel.

What was I gonna do now ? He was the only one that could protect me from T and now he couldn't even do that.