The True King 2

The people were stunned. Especially Flame and Shuo Gang.

The tribe leaders looked at each other.

"Did she go back in time?" Xing Jiu asked.

"No." Shuo Gang answered. "Didn't you hear what he said? All of his family members are dead. And I would remember if things like that had happened in my childhood."

"Prince Shuo Gang is right. Princess Yan Da isn't in the past. She's in another dimension where Prince Shuo Gang is the only survivor of a tragedy."

"She looked shocked." One of the viewers commented.

"I would be too. I wonder what happened?" another said.

"Shush. We're about to find out." said the leader. All of them focused on the screen.

~~~

"Are you alright?" Shuo Gang asked when he saw that Yan Da's face became really pale.

"Your name is Shuo Gang?"

"Uh Huh." The boy nodded. Yan Da took a deep breath. Calm down Yan Da. It's either... No. Father would have told me if something like this happened. I would also hear it from brother and our people. That means I'm either in another lifetime or in a past where a boy was named Shuo Gang like Ge.

"It's a beautiful name." She said, smiling.

The boy's eyes lit up, grinning. "Thank you. Mother named me!" His eyes became dim again. "She always bathe me too but now." He clenched his fists. Hate filled his eyes. It scared Yan Da.

"Shuo Gang," she called out, cupping his face. The child met her worried gaze. She brushed his cheeks softly. They didn't talk. Only their eyes communicated. Not long his tears streamed down his cheeks.

"I all lost them in one day. He killed them all and took over our kingdom. Father. Mother and my little brother Xin Jue. Is it wrong to hate him?"

Yan Da rested her forehead on his, crying too. "Tell me." She started meeting his eyes again. "What happened exactly..."

"The day started fine. Father and I were training as usual. Mother was with Xin Jue, feeding him. His just a few months old. But then our soldiers who were guarding the gates started screaming. Father went to check on them. It all then went downhill..." He said, fists clenched on Yan Da's dress. "It was a total chaos. Everyone was fighting. I tried to help but I- I couldn't do much. Next thing I know mother was on the ground even Xin Jue. They weren't breathing. Father protected me and told me to ran away. I did. Now, tell me is it wrong to hate them? They took them away from me."

"Shuo Gang, does your tribe has any friends?"

The young prince kept quiet then. "N-none."

"Why?" Yan Da asked. She didn't want to do this but she needed to. If not, hate would rule him.

"B-because father h-hated t-them all..." the child whispered, realizing what she was trying to say. He then clung to Yan Da, sobbing.

~~~

They were all quiet. Flame avoided everyone's gaze. Shuo Gang just kept his eyes on the screen.

~~~

Yan Da wiped his cheeks. He had fallen asleep. After laying him down on the make shift bed, she wiped her tears. She smiled. Her brother was such a cute kid. She kissed his forehead. "Sleep tight. No nightmares." She whispered. A white light then enveloped him.

~~~

"Xing Jiu?" Ka Suo asked. The king of dreams was frozen.

"Sorry. I'm just surprised. I didn't know that Princess Yan Da know a spell that was only passed down to us."

"A spell?"

Xing Jiu nodded. "The one she just used. It's so that a person would have good sleep and rest peacefully. I wonder where she learned it."

"I guess it's really starting." The leader said, getting their attention. "Getting to know Princess Yan da that is."

"What is she doing?" Luna then asked, making them looked at the screen again.

~~~

Yan Da went out. It was pitch black. She raised her arm. She needed to know more. Who attack their tribe? Where she really is? Everything and there's only one being that would never fail her no matter where she is. A different dimension or realm or timeline. It would always follow her.

She whistled. Not long, a screech was heard from above. A big eagle then landed on her raised arm.

"Kaze," she said, smiling. She then went back into the cave. She then let it settle in front of her. "Tell me what you found out."

The bird tilted its head. "You're in another dimension."

"So, he is indeed my brother?"

"Yes. I checked the fire tribe. It is now ruled by someone called Phoenix."

"Phoenix?"

"Apparently, his from another realm. He's much greedier and ambitious than your father, Your Majesty."

Yan Da clenched her fist. "O-our father is he still alive. Shuo Gang didn't see him die."

The bird looked down. "I'm sorry. He wasn't spared. I saw their bodies. The new king didn't even give them due respect."

Yan Da shut her eyes. "And our people?"

"They're slaves to the new king."

Her body trembled. Eyes blazing. "I see."

"Your Majesty?" Kaze asked. "We should change your clothes and you should take on your human form. So, that you wouldn't stand out. Phoenix's men are looking for Prince Shuo Gang."

Yan Da nodded. Her appearance then slowly changed. Kaze twirled around her, changing her clothes. She's now wearing a simple clothing. Something easy for her to fight with.

"Dress him too," she nodded towards Shuo Gang. The bird obeyed, dressing the prince in simple clothes.

"One more thing... where are we?"

"The mortal realm, Your Highness."

Hearing that, she dismissed Kaze. She needed to think of a plan.