All Aboard!

A ding could be heard as the elevator doors slid open, revealing (Y/N) and a couple of other people. They all walked out the elevator and into the main lobby, everyone going their separate ways.

The lobby was large, and well kept. The roof was entirely made of glass, allowing the sun to shine through. There were sofas, loveseats, coffee tables, and bookshelves placed in certain parts of the room. The front double doors were made of glass with black frames. The flooring was marble tiling with some carpets here and there.

(Y/N) walked down the stairs that were in front of him and turned left. On the way to the main entrance, some people greeted (Y/N) by waving at him. He returned the gestures timidly with a blush on his face.

When (Y/N) made it to the entrance, or in this case exit, the doors slid to the sides, permitting entrance to the outdoors. The cool breeze hit his face as he reached back and pulled out his coffee cup. A sip was taken as (Y/N) walked down the small flight of stairs, and onto the sidewalk.

——

Sitting on a couch was a woman of Japanese descent with peach skin, coral pink hair that was neck-length, and vibrant, light-pink eyes. She was wearing a black robe with a white t-shirt underneath, a pair of gray and pink pajama pregnancy pants, and black slippers. Judging by the abnormal bulge in her torso, you could tell that she was pregnant. Good thing she's the appropriate age of 26 and not younger.

In the middle of her legs sat a young child. Her eyes, the left one bright cyan and the right one cherry-red, were glued to the television in front of her. Her platinum blonde hair was so light that you could easily mistake it for being white and reached her mid-back. On top of her head were two small, short, and rounded ears with black patches on the tips; the base of the ears creamy. Around her neck seemed to be a collar that was a nice shade of pink with a gold bell attached to a silver ring, a white breakaway buckle, and fish skeletons printed across the webbing. A fish-shaped tag that was made of copper was also there with the name "Lily" stamped on it.

As for her outfit, Lily was wearing a pink sundress and white with pink stripes, thigh-high socks. Sticking out under said dress was a long, platinum blonde tail that had dark rings and a white, bushy tip.

As Lily watched tv, she nibbled on a vanilla ice cream sandwich with a cat-like smile on her face. Her tail twirled around behind her as the older woman brushed Lily's hair.

"Mrs. Sakura, when do you think (Y/N) will be here?" The young child inquired, tilting her head back to look at the adult.

Sakura chuckled, "He said he'll be here soon. Just be patient Lily-chan."

Lily whined as she nibbled on her snack and looked back at the tv, her smile falling a little. Sakura just giggled as she groomed the child's hair.

That was the fourth time in ten minutes she had asked that question.

——

After 17 minutes of walking down sidewalks and across streets, (Y/N)'s destination finally came into view. He took another sip of his coffee, which was still more than halfway full, as he walked up to the building.

The building was white with two clear windows on either side of the double doors. Through the windows and doors you could see a large, black, and curved counter with a computer and cash register on it. You could also see the many shelves that held various items. There was a sign on the right window that says "CLOSED".

Aligned above the doors was a large sign that said in bright neon red, "Vale's SPETtacular Shelter," with a logo below it of a paw print in neon blue. The fine print under the logo read, "Pet Shop • Veterinarian."