Finally Friends

Sakura's POV

~March~

After I was discharged from the hospital, Naruto and I made our way back home. Although I didn't look as good as I had before, my happy feelings made up for it. On our way out Sora had perched on my shoulder. He rubbed his head against mine in worry, I apologized and Naruto had carried him the rest of the way. He was really happy and I was surprised that I hadn't remembered to introduce them earlier.

When we arrived, we pushed passed the door and multiple shouts were heard. I smiled up to them brightly feeling overjoyed. Hugs went around and then everyone ate. I introduced Naruto to everyone, thankful that Madoka and Kioshi had finally accepted him. And even though I had told him to play with the others, he still stayed with me most of the time, or with Tenten.

The rest of the day went by great. We played and talked and just enjoyed everyone's company. Chouko had surprised me when she had arrived and asked for Naruto and my presence outside to talk. Expecting her to break off our friendship, I was surprised when she bowed and apologized. It seems her love for children and our friendship overpowered the rumors that she had heard. She had heard of my collapse and had felt like she was partially responsible. Once everything was forgiven and viewed differently, we went inside.

When everyone left, I was instructed to head up stairs to rest. Before going to sleep, I changed into my nightgown and opened my presents. I didn't get a present from Haruki because I would be getting it when we got there, Madoka and Kioshi said they would give me my gift there too.

Before leaving, the Hokage had told me to go to his office tomorrow so he could give me my gift. I had told him it was fine, but he had insisted. Naruto also said he would give it to me later because it wasn't finished. I was curious as to what they were planning but decided to wait for tomorrow.

The first present was obviously Ino's. She had made me promise her that her's would be the first one I opened.

"We never stood a chance with her ultimate weapon."Inner stated. I agreed and proceeded to open the gift. I smiled at what was inside. Ino knew what I wanted to be when we got older so she got me a book. A book about flowers, but flowers that had medicinal properties. The book was held closed with a pretty silk red ribbon. I remembered her giving a ribbon to a young Sakura in the anime/manga. Untying the ribbon gently, I got up off the floor where the table in the middle was, and went to my closet. At the very back of the room was a small drawer to place accessories but I placed scrolls and books in it instead. I picked up the red scroll Haruki had gave me before and tied the ribbon around it.

I left the book on the table for me to read later. The next present was from the Uchiha's.

"Kyaaa! I wonder what Sasuke-kun picked out for us?!" Inner squealed. I rolled my eyes and began opening the present.

"You know, his mother probably picked it out." I informed. I felt her frown. Once opened I noticed there was more than one present inside. There was five in all and Inner started squealing to find Sasuke's. Instead of trying to guess which one was from him, I just grabbed one randomly. The first one was a nice black tea cup. It had a branch with beautiful sakura engraved into it; the pink on the flowers stood out beautifully against the black color.

"This is really pretty. I wonder who-" Before I finished my sentence a small tag dangled down. Reaching for it, I read the name on the small tag. Itachi. So he had gotten me a pretty tea cup.