“Josh is going, with a couple of other people I haven’t really heard him mention before.” I said lowering my head. “Well I’m going to my room, let me know if you need me or anything.”

“Okay Arianna I will.” I grabbed my things and headed up to my room, shutting the door behind me before plopping myself on my bed. I then drifted off into a nice nap.

~~~

I walked down the aisle holding my little basket as I looked at everything glass, making sure my klutzy self doesn’t knock anything over. I went to take a turn when I bumped into a man looking at a selection of books.

“Excuse me- oh Hey.” I said at a smiling Josh.

“Hey yourself, you know, you should really stop running into me.” I laughed at his reference but then stopped when his smiled faded a little and he turned back around to look at the books.

I walked around to the other side of the shelf and looked at the book selection too. I was disappointed when all I saw were How To books and a couple of Self Help books. I glanced through the space between two books to see Josh looking at me. He quickly looked back down at the book he was holding, pretending to be interested in it.

I looked back at the books and felt a pair of eyes on me once again, but when I looked up I found he remained looking at me. “What?” I asked when he smiled.

“Nothing, I just don’t know why you’re looking on that side of the shelf. Are you having some problems and you need Self Help?” he started laughing but I felt embarrassed. I looked at him not changing my plain expression and walked away.

“Wait Arianna.” He called after me. I stopped until he caught up to me. “I’m sorry, okay?”

“Yeah. So why haven’t you been talking to me anymore?” I asked looking at him. Something in his face changed and then he composed himself.

“What you mean?” he asked as if he didn’t know what I meant.

“Well, the day I first “officially” met you we seemed to get along and you were sweet. But after that you never even looked at me let alone talked to me when we all hung out. And not to mention I didn’t even get to see you at the Gala that night. I caught a glimpse of you walking away but I didn’t see you again after that.”

“Listen, your dating my best friend and you know how he is, he doesn’t let anyone get a chance to talk.” Yeah I noticed I mentally said to myself. “Can I ask you something?” he said catching me off guard. I nodded for him to go on.

“Well, are you happy with him?” I was shocked by his question. I felt as my cheeks started to heat up when I noticed what sounded like envy in his voice.

“Yeah.” I said confidently. “Well, I mean, lately it’s been…” I trailed off thinking about how rude and mean he has been to me this week. I looked at Josh and he knew he didn’t need to say anything or question.

“Oh...” was all he said.

I wanted to change the subject so I thought I would bring up the guy retreat.

“SO you excited for this weekend?” I asked him but all I got was a stare like I was crazy. He seemed to think about it as if he forgot and needed to remember what is was he was doing.

“For What?” I giggled at him and he smiled chuckling too.

“The guy retreat?” right then I felt like I had 2 heads from the way he was looking at me.

“Yeah, you, Kaiden and a couple of guys are going on a retreat?”

“I’m not going on a retreat?” I felt stupid and I was tempted to text Kaiden and question him. But then I felt my phone vibrate and saw he was calling me. I mentally wowed myself and excused myself to answer the phone, leaving Josh looking confused.

“So a retreat huh?” I said answering the phone.

“Hello to you too.” Kaiden said with much attitude.

“You told me Josh was going to the retreat with you.” I said not really wanting an answer.

“Yeah…umm...well. He dropped out last minute.” I felt hurt that he was still lying to me. It’s funny because Josh just found out about a retreat 2 minutes ago.

Then I put my hand over the receiver and stepped over to Josh. “So you know a Hank or a Patrick?” I asked him.

“Tom Hanks? Yeah I love that guy!” he said knowing exactly what I was asking but I laughed with him. Besides, he answered my question.

I released the receiver and was about to question who the other guys were but then I stopped myself. “Well have fun.” Then I hung up.

“Hey Josh, how good of friends are you to Kaiden?” I asked feeling very evil.

“Well I mean, he’s my best friend but lately…” he said hesitating, not wanting to tell me something.

“Okay well, I have a proposal for you. How would you like to help me catch him in an act?” his eyes glimmered with amusement then nodded at me.

“Yes, what did you have in mind?” he asked.

I smiled a huge grin then set down my empty basket.

“Come with me, we need more recruits.”

Make sure to vote, comment and fan.( No specific order:) ) but yeah let me know what you like so far and what your predictions are. I really like when I get messages and comments on my stories. Thanks for reading and I love you all!!!<3