Chapter 7

Josh’s POV

Driving to the event seemed to take forever. I would see a couple of limos drive with me on the suburban roads and eventually getting to Main Street. My hands were shaking on the wheel with the anticipation. Usually I don't get this nervous for these things but I guess I had a reason now. I glanced at the Forget Me Not flowers sitting on the passenger seat.

 I looked back at the road and fiddled with the radio dial and ended up settling with plugging in my iPhone and putting on a playlist. Drive by Incubus came on and I started to lighten up and sing along.

I must be going crazy.

Why…how could I feel this way about a girl I barely knew. My question was answered when I pictured her in my head, her eyes just showed everything about her. I could tell instantly she is a girl with a troubled past and a bright future. And her smile just made my heart melt.

The road suddenly became bumpy as I heard a honk on a car horn. I realized I was going off the road. I quickly got off the shoulder and straightened out keeping focus on the road. I went back to singing along to the song.

The gala looked nothing special. I got there and everyone looked at me and some of them came up and wanted to take pictures. The security let me in instantly and I was followed by some girls.

“Who are those for?” the one red head said. She was wearing a black dress that went way to low for her own good and way too much dark makeup. It didn’t look natural, but I don’t judge. I looked down at the tiny blue flowers in my hand and sighed.

“Oh, just some girl…” once I said that it sounded weird. But I shrugged it off as the 2nd girl nudged her out of the way and came closer to me.

“Awe how sweet! Is she here?” she batted her eyelashes. Some girls are just so desperate.

“Yeah. If you would excuse me I have to go and find her.” They both tensed up and looked disappointed. I felt bad but they weren’t my type anyway.

I walked away and went over to the beverage counter and ordered a soda. As I was waiting I spotted her. Arianna was standing in front of the dance floor talking to someone, setting down her purse and stuff on a table. There were people in the way so I couldn’t see who she was talking to, but I didn’t care. I couldn’t keep my eyes off her. Her dress looked stunning and she stood out form everyone here in her own way.

I took a couple sips of my soda before leaving it at the counter. I straightened up my tux and held the Forget Me Nots gently in my hand. I started walking her way and tried to think of what I was going to say.

Hey beautiful. I didn’t know you would be here?.......no.

Hey! You come here often?.....definitely not!

I went through conversations in my head when I settled with just saying what flowed out my mouth. I am never one for words so this should be interesting.

As I was more than halfway to her I saw who she was talking to.

Kaiden.

I was about to approach them when I saw Kaiden take her hand and he kissed her. I felt my heart drop as I looked at her face and she was smiling with a cute little pink blush. Considering the fact that it was because of Kaiden, it was still cute. She was really beautiful, but she also looked happy.

I looked bout at my flowers and wanted to rip them to pieces but couldn’t. They reminded me to much of her. So I walked away before one of them could see me. I turned back to see them dancing together to a slow song, Kaiden pressing her up against his body.