48.

Niall's POV

"Not to sound like a clingy girlfriend but you haven't talked to me all weekend. Are you sure that you're okay?" Jade asked, sinking onto her couch and looking at me expectantly, eyebrow raised in her apparent concern. 

I shrugged, sitting beside her with a sigh. I didn't really know what to say to her because there was so much on my mind and I didn't want to come across as being overdramatic. Although Jade would probably think that of me regardless of what I said. It was all a part of her charm. 

"It's just been a little weird with my mum. Not as stressful as I thought but obviously I can't automatically have a proper relationship with her, so I know that it's probably going to take some time before things stop being awkward."

"So you're fine? Cause I know that you're a pain in the arse but I actually care about you," she replied, seeming to actually be genuine, which was rather unusual for her.

"Yes, Jade. I'm fine," I rolled my eyes, slightly freaked out by her apparent kindness.

"Okay then. So, how's your daddy?" she grinned, returning to the usual Jade that I unfortunately knew so well.

"Shut up," I muttered, feeling my face begin to turn red in embarrassment. I was only just starting to properly come to terms with this entire thing with Harry, but Jade made things a whole lot worse and any apparent progress I'd had would be ruined as soon as she brought it up. 

"Does 'shut up' mean he's good or...?" she trailed off, lips upturned in the familiar smirk that she pulled off so well. 

"It means that it's none of your business," I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest and glaring at her. 

"Well...it's a serious question," she defended herself. "Why can't you just humour me a little? Do you think I get some creepy sexual pleasure out of this or something?"

"With you...I wouldn't doubt it," I huffed. 

"Has anyone ever told you how cute you are when you're annoyed?"

Harry did. Pretty much daily. Though that was none of her concern, particularly in the mood she was in currently. 

"Just drop it," I whined, knowing fully well that she would do anything but that. 

"I just want to know how your boyfriend is," she shrugged calmly.

"He's fine," I muttered, hoping that Jade would eventually take pity on me and the subject would be dropped but of course, since it was Jade, I knew that it wouldn't happen so easily.

"Just fine?" she pressed, the horrible grin still on her face.

"Yes," I replied, rolling my eyes.

She shrugged again, taking a sip of her tea. I stared at the mug in her hands. It was covered in bright pink and red hearts, the same mug Perrie had given her, one that they assured was a joke present but that didn't stop Jade from using it practically every day.

And she had the nerve to say that Harry and I were too whipped with each other.

"Can you stop looking at me like that?" I asked her, seeing that she still held the same, smug expression she had given me from the minute Harry was mentioned.

"Like what?" she asked, feigning innocence.

"Like you want me to tell you the details of my sex life. I'm not talking to you about it," I blushed.

"You're so easy to rile up," she laughed.

I rolled my eyes at her, wanting to feel genuinely annoyed but feeling way too affectionate towards her to feel anything but mild discomfort.