18.

Harry's POV

Niall's relationship with his new boyfriend wouldn't last long. The smug looks that the blond gave to me every time I caught him and his boyfriend kissing was enough to confirm my thoughts. 

It felt as though Niall was just trying to get some sort of a reaction out of me by doing this, as if he was just trying to evoke jealousy out of me. If that wasn't enough, the fact that he had moved on so quickly from me gave me even more proof.

This guy was clearly a rebound.

I would have to be an idiot if I didn't know that Niall liked me and it was a known fact that feelings like that don't fade after a mere couple of weeks of being apart.

Of course, I couldn't exactly say that I liked Niall in the way I knew he liked me. I didn't hate him anymore and I actually rather enjoyed being around him, which was the reason I wanted his new boyfriend gone. 

Surprisingly, I didn't actually mind the fact that Niall had feelings for me. What I wasn't fine with was the stupid guy that Niall was attempting to replace me with.

The thought of someone doing something sexual or even affectionate with Niall that wasn't me was sickening, particularly this guy. I knew nothing of Niall's new guy, I didn't deem him relevant enough to even find out what his name was. All I knew was that he annoyed the fuck out of me.

I could see the way Niall looked at me compared to how he looked at his boyfriend. The fond looks he gave him were nothing compared to the way he would look at me, whether it be in front of his parents or just between us.

I knew that this guy had to go before I drove myself crazy. I could barely take the affectionate stares he gave Niall and I knew that I may have to do something about it.

Because I had him first.

~

Monday mornings were never a good thing for me. And what made this particular Monday morning worse was the sight of Niall's new boyfriend, who I eventually found out was called Zach.

For what seemed to be the first time since he and Niall had gotten together, he was alone. Niall wasn't anywhere around him and I was sure that this was the first time they had been separated since their relationship had started.

In fact, there wasn't really anyone around us, only a few students that were lingering by their lockers, though no one of real importance to me.

The mere thought of this guy preventing me from having Niall was what drove me to walk up to him and nearly push him into the lockers beside him.

"Can I help you?" he asked, looking up at me in confusion.

"Yeah, you can start by getting the fuck away from Niall," I hissed, clenching my fists at my sides.

"And why should I do that?" he responded, raising an eyebrow. 

"Because he's mine," I snapped in response, not knowing how I came to that conclusion. Niall wasn't mine and it wasn't like I even fancied him but I knew I didn't want to see him with anyone else. 

"Sorry to tell you but Niall doesn't give a shit about you anymore. You had your chance and you wasted it," he replied, seeming to gain enough courage to give me a dirty look.

"He doesn't give a crap about you either. Otherwise he would have pushed me away when I kissed him last week," I replied, shoving him lightly as I walked away, leaving him staring at my retreating back in shock.