24.

Harry's POV 

Due to the fact that Niall was passed out in the back seat of my car, the ride to his house was almost completely silent. His soft breathing was pretty much the only thing I could hear as I drove down the mostly empty roads towards his house. 

I thought back to what had just happened, still a little shocked at the way Niall was behaving. The Niall that I knew so well, the sober one at least, would have never acted in a way that was so innocent in the way that he was just then. Particularly around me. 

However, I wasn't about to complain about it. This was the first time I had seen Niall be so nice to me since we were younger. I didn't realise how much I had missed being able to properly converse with him. That short interaction we just had, even if was practically one sided, showed me how much I enjoyed actually talking to Niall. 

It was such a shame that he was drunk. In an ideal situation, Niall and I would be able to converse with the both of us being perfectly sober, when we would both remember the next day. It was clear that only under those circumstances would Niall and I be able to sort out anything.  

I knew that Niall would go back to the same hostile and sarcastic individual he was before he drunkenly bumped into me as soon as he sobered up.

That also meant that he would probably forget about admitting his feelings for me. I wasn't even sure if they were genuine or not. For all I knew, Niall could have just uttered out the most ridiculous and false comment he could come up with, being too intoxicated to even think it through.

I knew that my time with Niall being calm and passive was limited to how long it took him to sober up, so I wanted to take advantage of every second I had with him.

~

Arriving at Niall's house was quicker than I imagined it would be, as I found myself slowly getting used to the silence of the car.

I turned the engine off, opening the car door and stepping out of the car, only to feel the cold wind hit my face as I slammed the door shut. Before I could get too cold, I opened the door to the back seat, climbing in so I was now sitting next to him. I debated whether I should wake him when I noticed him wake up himself.

"Stop staring at me," he mumbled, opening his eyes to expose the striking blue colour, a bright grin appearing on his face.

"Sorry, love," I replied softly, a warm feeling erupting in my chest as I stared down at him. I didn't think I could feel so strongly about someone else in the way that I was currently thinking of Niall. Before he could say anything, I helped him sit up straight.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, wrapping one arm around his waist and guiding him out of the car.

"Tired," he said softly, burying his face into my neck. I could feel him shivering against me, which led me to tighten my grip around him. 

"Can you carry me?" he questioned, his words muffled against my skin. 

I couldn't help but smile, this side of Niall was just so endearing to me. 

"Of course, baby," I murmured, my arms gripping his hips tightly as I lifted him into my arms. I carried him up to the front of his house, too happy with the current situation to even care that I was currently carrying a drunk teenage boy that wasn't that much lighter than myself. 

I struggled to get the keys from Niall, who was being less than helpful, not that I could really blame him. 

Niall let out a loud laugh as I carried him up the stairs. I quickly tried to silence him, knowing that he would most likely wake his parents. I didn't think it would be good if they were awoken to their drunk son being carried to his room by the boy who they knew to be his fucked up ex boyfriend.