39. (!)

Harry's POV  

With Perrie's words from our previous conversation still clear in my mind, I now had the intention of visiting Niall the next day to settle my issues once and for all. I was determined to stop being stupid and just tell him how I felt because I loved him, and sometimes with love, you must take risks in order to get the reward.

Niall being the reward, obviously.

This really shouldn't be that hard for me to do. I hadn't really had that much of a problem with telling Niall anything since we had gotten together. It was amazing just how easy it was to start trusting him with everything again. It was almost as if I had never stopped trusting him, regardless of the fact that we had been sworn enemies a few months ago. 

Even if I did have trouble opening up to Niall about something, I was never really the nervous type. I never saw myself being someone who felt the need to hide things from people but there was something about Niall that just made it hard. 

I didn't think I needed to worry as much as I was. Everything was going to be fine. I was confident that it would be fine once I had the courage to actually say the words.

I sounded much too confident in my decision and I was...well, I was for the most part but there was still that part of me that was worried about the future conversation with Niall. As confident as I was that I would try my hardest to keep things positive with Niall, I couldn't guarantee how he would react. 

First of all, I knew that Niall would not be feeling good about my sudden habit of avoiding him as much as I could, which would only lead to anger on Niall's part, which although I deserved, it was never fun to experience. 

I also had no idea how Niall would feel about this sudden advancement of my feelings. I didn't know if Niall loved me back, nor did I know if he was okay with the fact that I loved him. I knew him well enough to know that change made him a little uncomfortable, so I was hoping that whatever happened wouldn't change us. 

It was so clear as to why I chose not to date before Niall. Romance was never my strong point and if it weren't for the fact that I was doing this for someone I actually cared about, I wouldn't have bothered with a serious relationship in the first place.

At least Niall was worth it.

~

"Your change of moods is really starting to worry me," Niall muttered once he had opened the door, a small and quite obviously uncontrollable smile appeared on his face as he allowed me to walk past him.

Even though Niall's comment was supposed to be amused, it did make me feel rather guilty. It should have been obvious that I was worrying him but him actually saying it made me feel even worse about the fact that I had been acting in a rather concerning manner.

"Ni, I'm sorry," I murmured, looking into his eyes desperately. "I know I've been a dick lately, and that any hostility you show is definitely deserved." I expected to be met with angry blue eyes, or least annoyed ones but he surprisingly didn't seem the slightest bit mad at me.

In fact, he seemed almost amused.

"I'm not mad at you, idiot," he rolled his eyes, a large grin taking over his face.

I was actually surprised, considering how short Niall's temper usually was around me, though I definitely wasn't complaining. Niall was obviously a lot better to be around when he was in a good mood. Although I would still willingly spend every waking moment with Niall even if he was angry with me. 

"You're not?" I asked, slightly confused.

"No," he almost laughed, reaching to grab my wrist and pull me inside, shutting the door behind me. "You don't have to be so dramatic," he added, turning to face me with a raised eyebrow.