twelve

amelia wakes up and rolls to her back, inhaling deeply and keeping her eyes shut. she can see the brightness of the day through her eyelids, but the smell of the room isn't the one she's used to. she pops her eyes open, scanning the unfamiliar room she's in while she sits up. and then she remembers, opening up a smile. brad.

he isn't anywhere near her, though, so she drops her legs out of the bed, staring at her dress lying there. well, paolo sebastian does look much better on the floor, i guess. and there's no way i'm putting that back on.

she gets up, wrapped around the black sheets, looking for something to change into. she spots brad's last night white shirt and grins. she puts it on and walks out the bedroom, buttoning the shirt up. she follows a noise, ending up in the kitchen, where brad's turned away from her.

"morning?" she says, rubbing her eye with one hand. he's wearing only some grey joggers, shirtless and barefoot, and he's concentrated on something in the stove. "are you cooking?"

he turns around at the sound of her voice, running one hand through his hair. he looks at her from head to toe, grinning when he notices what she's wearing.

"morning, love." he walks up to her and hugs her by the waist, kissing her softly on the lips. "i made breakfast. and this shirt looks hot on you." he winks. he purposefully left the shirt in plain sight in his bedroom, hoping that she'd choose to wear it instead of her dress. amelia folds her arms around his neck, her heart racing, still not used to the winking.

"oh, okay, now i'm impressed." her eyebrows arch up, and her jaw drops a bit. "i didn't expect you to be the cooking type." she says.

brad pretends to be offended, moving his head back and frowning. "ouch?" he replies. "pancakes are my specialty, just so you know. and after everything that happened last night, that's what you're impressed with? my cooking skills?"

"well, i am impressed with last night too." she shrugs. "very much impressed, by the way. let's just say... i wasn't putting too much faith in you in this matter." she giggles, and brad frowns, now actually getting offended.

"why not?"

"well, how can i say? it's just that you were so overly confident. and overly confident boys always tend to not be as good in bed as they think they are." she shrugs again, tracing his shoulder with the fingers of her right hand, distracted. "i'm glad this isn't your case, though." she pats him.

brad smirks, smugly. he's always as good as he thinks he is. that's why he's so confident. "you're ready to admit you lost, then?"

amelia mentally curses him for not forgetting about that. she sighs, defeated. "well... i wouldn't say i'm ready for it but... yeah, alright." she sighs again, stalling, not staring him in the eyes. "you won, i lost. great band. happy?"

"the happiest." he smiles, making him look like a cute little child. "i still need you to say i'm awesome, though." he shrugs. "and that i'm the best sex you've ever had." amelia raises her eyebrows, glaring at him.

"um, no, i'm definitely not saying that." she takes her hands off his shoulders, pushing him off slightly, taking a step back. his hands drop to the side of his body, and he pouts, becoming a puppy. "puppy eyes don't work with me." she grins. "sorry, love." she leans closer again and leaves a peck on his lips. "what works with me is food, though. i'm starving!"

"okay, have a seat, then." he walks back to the counter, taking a big plate full with a tower of pancakes, while amelia sits and looks at the table. there's a lot of food. a lot. fruits: blackberries, apples, plums, pears and even some strawberries! coffee, milk, juice, tea. toasts, marmalade, honey, butter, cereals. and, of course, brad's pancakes. he puts the plate on the table, sitting on the chair opposite amelia.