nine

the lights are turning down, the expectations are building up.

amelia is standing between her mum and her dad, right in the middle of the room, waiting.

brad is climbing up the few steps to the stage. nervous, but prepared. this is what he does. he gets up on stage and entertains people. makes them have the best time of their lives. infects everyone with his outstanding energy.

he performs. he was born to this and he knows it. this is his safe haven, his holy ground, his comfort zone. he owns it. he's confident. and he can do this.

people clap when the music gradually starts. tristan is the first one to be seen. he places himself behind his drum kit, the sticks on his hands, and he starts to play. the anticipation for the performance is so high that everyone seems to be holding their breaths. then the guitar and the bass are heard, and james and connor come up on stage, running and playing, and behind them is brad, a mic on his right hand. he stands on the edge of the stage, putting his arms up and down, inviting the small crowd to join them.

as he stands there, looking straight forward, his eyes are immediately attracted to her. she's literally the first thing he sees when he stares into those people in front of him. he smirks and winks, automatically. i am winning this bet.

what is it with him and all this fucking winking?! she grins back. he's gonna win this bet.

the minute they stepped into the stage, she knew she lost. she's already impressed, and they barely even started playing. she wants so bad to be impressed. she wants to like them. so she does. she doesn't need any excuses. she just decides she's gonna like them, simple as that.

brad has all the energy of the room. he breathes it in and breathes it out as the words leave his lips. everyone's hypnotized by him performing on stage. he's so contagious, making the public sing the "oh-oh oh-oh's" back at him.

"now you!" he screams.

and "oh-oh, oh-oh!" they scream back.

including amelia and her parents.

yep. i've lost.

the first song they sing is called can we dance, brad tells them. he's working really hard to make me go insane. during one of the chorus, he steps down the stage through a small stair on the side, and he walks to this cute small lady, dressed all in pink, and dances with her, holding her hand and making her spin around. he then lets go of the lady and starts walking around the crowd.

i've been a bad, bad boy
whispering rude things in her ear

he gets closer to where amelia's standing as he sings that. he looks directly into her eyes, right in front of her now. there's only them in that entire room.

please say she'll break
please say she'll change
her mind and bring me back to her place

he winks. he fucking winks. and smirks. he nods, still smirking, and turns around, going back up on stage, leaving amelia blushing and shivering from head to toe. what the fuck does he think he's doing?! she feels her mum gently pushing her by the side, as brad finishes singing the first song. amelia ignores her, knowing what she's implying. leave me alone, mum.

"well, good evening, ladies and gentlemen." brad says into the microphone once the song ends, still smiling. "we're the vamps. nice to meet y'all." he stops, holding the mic on his left hand, the right one waving at them. "we're gonna be playing some lovely songs for you tonight, we hope you enjoy it. if you know any of the words, feel free to join us." he puts the microphone on its stand and turns around, a tall, big guy with a black shirt getting closer to him with a guitar on his hand. he gives it to brad, who places it around his shoulder and plays a few chords just to test.