five

amelia?

what is she even doing here?

brad tries to breathe normally again, but his vision is still blurry, only focusing on her. his mind is spinning with thoughts, unable to find a reasonable explanation as to why amelia is standing just over there in the same building as him.

he puts his hands into the pockets of his trousers to hide that they're shaking and sweating. he numbly looks at the people talking around him but he doesn't capture anything. he's eyes have definitely decided to stop seeing - except for her. he turns his head back at amelia's direction, who's inside this huge room with glass walls, and she's sitting at a black leather sofa typing on her phone distractedly.

what is she doing here?!

he's completely out of his mind. probably the most nervous he's ever been in life. peter loveless and amelia at the same time? too much for him to handle. he manages to make his eyes start working again and then pretends to pay attention to the conversation in front of him, nodding when he notices the boys doing so, and looking at peter loveless with the fakest concentration expression he can make.

but his head is stuck in an infinite loop: what is she doing here?

everyone smiles at each other and start shaking hands, so brad forces himself really hard to understand what's going on.

"thank you so much, guys, it's been a pleasure to meet you. i'm really looking forward to your performance at the party, i'm sure you'll do great." he can hear peter loveless say.

what is she doing here?

"thank you, sir, for taking your time to talk to us and for inviting us to the party. the pleasure is all ours." james replies.

"it's a huge honour to meet you, sir. thank you for your time." connor adds.

"we can't wait to perform at the party either. we can guarantee you won't be disappointed." tristan nods, smiling widely. do i have to say something too?

but what is she doing here?

"we'll make you proud of signing us, sir." brad manages to say, somehow.

what is she doing here?

"oh! i'm already proud, believe me." peter loveless says. "now, as much as i'd love to spend more time with you guys, i really have to go." he gazes at the watch on his wrist. brad's phone vibrates in his pocket, brad's heart skips a beat in his chest.

he quickly glances back at amelia - she's now peacefully looking out of the window, biting her lips and resting her chin on her hand, still sat on the sofa.

what is she doing here?

"i have an important lunch appointment with my daughter and she's already waiting for me." he chuckles, shaking his head lightly. "i'll see you later, boys. nice to meet you all." he smiles at them one more time before turning around and entering the room. the same room where amelia is.

joe looks away from peter loveless and stares at the four boys, a grin glued to his face.

"so?" he asks. "how are you feeling?"

what is she doing here?

brad watches the scene that unravels inside that room. amelia gets up from the sofa, putting her phone in her bag and turning to face peter loveless. he says something to her and she laughs, walking towards him while she replies something that makes him laugh even harder, throwing his head back. she joins him and then goes up to him, being embraced by his arms. peter loveless places a soft kiss on the top of her forehead and she smiles, her head resting on his chest, eyes closed.