"Lizzy, look at me." He said and I raised my head and studied his face as he said, "We have gone through one of the toughest things a couple may go through in a relationship and it's only made us stronger." He smiled at me, "Let's not worry about that now, anyway. Besides, who knows maybe we will end up going to the same college."

"I've heard it's a bad idea for high school couples to go to the same college." I ran my right index finger down the center of his chest.

"Well, we are different." He kissed my forehead. "Get some sleep."

I laid my head back down on his chest, "I love you."

"I love you more." Ben said and I fell into a deep sleep.

Ben's Pov

I felt like I had only been asleep for a couple of hours when I heard it. I am a pretty light sleeper but I know Lizzy is one deep sleeper. I woke up to the sounds of her saying something.

"No..no..no." She whimpered. I reached over and turned on the night stand. I looked down at her and she was still asleep but her face was fixed in a frown. She must be having a nightmare.

I tried to rub her arm gently to wake her up. "Babe...Lizzy. Lizzy."

"Mo-mommy what's happening? No..no." She sounded like she was sobbing now and I knew she must of have been having a nightmare from the accident as a child. "NO!" She shot up and quickly sat up in bed looking around confused and breathing hard. Her eyes were wide when they landed on me. A look of realization washed over her frightened face when she said, "Dammit. This is so embarrassing."

I tried to reach over and hold her hand, "Lizzy-"

She cut me off and moved her hands away quickly and covered her face for a moment. "I only have these dreams like once every two months now. Gosh why did I have to have it tonight?"

I rubbed her back affectionately, "It's okay. I'm here."

"That's why I feel so embarrassed. You're here." She said. "No one has ever witnessed me having those nightmares except my foster siblings." She kicked the comforter off of her legs and got out of bed. I wasn't sure where she was going, but she was heading towards the bedroom door and she looked distraught and shaken up.

I jumped out of bed fast to stop her. Dreams can feel so real sometimes and I was sure those nightmares took her back to that traumatic event. I stepped in front of her and pulled her into a hug. "Lizzy, come here." I said even though at first she tried to pull away from my hug. I was almost certain she was trying to get out the room so I wouldn't see her cry. She finally gave up resisting and I heard her sob softly into my bare chest. My poor baby girl. "I know it felt real. I'm so sorry, Lizzy. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." I couldn't even imagine how she went through with these nightmares alone at night without anyone around.

After calming down a bit she looked at me and said, "I'm sorry I woke you up." In between sniffles.

I cupped her beautiful face in my hands. "No, no you have nothing to be sorry about. It's okay." I wiped the tears off of her face with my thumb. "You're shaking, come here." I led her back to the bed and we got back under the comforter.

I wrapped my arms around her as she rested her head on my chest. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay now." She said softly.

I kissed her forehead, "I'm right here." I rubbed the side of her arms gently until i was certain she fell back asleep.

--

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and sunlight beaming into the room. I noticed Lizzy was no longer beside me. I rubbed my eyes and at corner of my eye Lizzy walked into the room. She had her towel slung over her shoulder and was carrying her toothbrush.

"Goodmorning, Sunshine." She smiled at me.

"Goodmorning, Love." I said as I stretched my legs.

She went over to her bag in the corner. "Your sleepy voice is entirely too sexy." Lizzy then made her way over to sit on the edge of the bed. She rested one arm on the other side of me and leaned down to kiss me. She smelled delicious and her lips tasted minty which is how I knew she just brushed her teeth and showered.

"Mmm..." I said with her lips still on mine. "I could kiss your lips for the rest of my life and never get tired of it." I said and pulled away and smiled down at me.

Her smile slowly faded and her expression turned serious. "Ben, thank you for calming me down last night." She chewed nervously at her bottom lip and averted her gaze to the wall instead of me. "I usually can't go back to sleep after I have those dreams."

I caressed her arm. "When that happens, just call me. I don't care if it's the middle of the night. I'll be there for you. No one should have to go through something like that alone." Perks of living across the street from your girlfriend.

She kept her eyes on the wall. "I used to have the dream every single night, and then once a week....and then once a month. I can't wait until it stops altogether." She finally looked at me. "I wish it would just stop already."

"You are so strong." I pulled her down to hug her tightly.

"Um..no you are. You're seriously suffocating me." She squeaked and I let go quickly.

I chuckled. "Oh,sorry, babe."

I went to shower and when I came back to the room Lizzy was in tears and crying with her phone in her hands. I dropped my stuff and rushed to her. "What is it?" I urged.

"Th-th-they..." She couldn't even get more than one word out because she kept crying and waving her phone frantically.

I rubbed the sides of her arms to calm her down. "Shh...talk to me, Lizzy. What happened?" I tried to remain calm but she was scaring me right now.

"I just got a phone call. Someone said..my family...they've...they've been in a car accident and are on their way to the emergency room!" She shrieked. "We have to leave, now!"

My heart dropped. Oh no. "Okay, I'll pack our things." I got Lizzy to sit down and rushed over to our bags because I knew she was too panicked.

"Oh, God, I can't lose them too." Lizzy sobbed and my heart broke.

She has been through enough and now this. God please let them be okay. I prayed silently.

-----------

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter was very emotional. Poor Lizzy. I am seriously thinking about whether i should simply end the book soon or should i also start a sequel? it really depends on you all and if you all want to see more of Lizzy's journey. Hm maybe a college spin off or something? Who knows. But don't forget to vote and comment what you would like me to do!