Chapter 17

This party is so lame. I thought to myself. Ben and I were sitting there waiting for it to get fun and we were also people watching. Taylor and Cameron went off somewhere probably dancing. I would dance, but this music was just horrible and was killing my vibe.

"I can't take this horrendous music anymore!" I shouted at Ben even though he was next to me. It was so loud. I got up and went to the DJ and requested that he play a dub step remixed song. Something upbeat to get me going. He did as I requested and as soon as he played it people stood there confused. I didn't care though. I went to the dancefloor and started dancing by myself as everyone watched in amazement. Moving my body to the beat, I was having fun in my own world dancing.

Before I knew it there was a huge circle forming around me. I saw Ben standing in the circle watching me and smiling. Then he started cheering for me. I heard some people say "Wow, she's good. She can dance"

Next thing I know Ben came in the middle in started dancing with me. I did not even realize he could dance. He was pretty good. Whoever said white people don't have rhythm hasn't met Ben. For a moment it felt like no body was watching us and it was just me and him. The song ended and I stopped dancing breathlessly and Ben gave me a quick peck on the lips. Everyone at the party clapped and cheered for us. In that moment I felt really good about my self and about my and Ben.

"You dance so well! Can you teach my girlfriend!" Some dude yelled and Ben and I laughed.

The DJ then played a different dance mix and I got right back into dancing and this time, everyone else started dancing too! They seemed to like the music even though I didn't think it would be music they would be in to. Every got back to dancing and having fun. I turned around and started dancing on Ben as he put his hands on my hips.

I eventually got tired from all that dancing and Ben and I walked off the dance floor. "Babe let's go get you hydrated" He said laughing "The way you move your body, Lizzy. Damn you can dance"

I started laughing. "You surprised me too. I didn't know you had moves like that." We found bottled water and drank it quickly. A girl walked past me and said, "Girl, I admire you. I wish I could dance like that!"

"Thank you" I smiled. This night was going better than I expected. I forgot about all the stereotypes"

BEN'S POV

Lizzy totally changed the game. When she started dancing in the center I was more than proud to call her mine. Beauty, brains, can sing and she can move her body to any rhythm. She was flawless! Seeing her so happy tonight made me incredibly happy.

"Ben, I am surprisingly enjoying myself." Lizzy said breathlessly after she gulped her entire bottle of water. "That was fun!" I was ecstatic that she was having fun.

"Did you want to leave now?" I chuckled.

"Leave? We are just getting started." She grab my arm and started pulling me back towards the dancefloor, "Round two is up next!"

--

The next morning I slept in. Last night's party was great. Thoughts of Lizzy and I dancing and not having a care in the world filled my mind. The way things should be everyday.

I got out of bed, quickly showered, and threw on a flannel button up and ripped jeans. Lizzy and I were going out for breakfast to Ihop. Lizzy looked beautiful as usual. We walked into Ihop hand in hand and Lizzy seemed to be in a great mood. As the waiter seated us at a booth, I noticed some elderly white couple sitting at a table nearby staring intently at us. I silently prayed that Lizzy wouldn't notice, but at this point I think Lizzy can feel stares as if they were daggers in her back.