Chapter 9

I rushed up to my room after I got off the elevator. I took my backpack and my phone, pulling on some socks too. I opened the shelf and pulled out a granola bar. Ripping open the granola bar wrapper, I held it like a banana, occasionally taking bites as I fled down the flight of stairs once again after locking the door behind me.

I walked the path to school, which in many students have been doing. More people started to walk since school started at 8:30 and by now, it was about 8:10. The buses were arriving at school. We had 20 minutes of intermission until first period began.

As I walked in the hall, I heard Sasuke's voice. Loud and clear. He said, "I love you.".

I started to walk faster and before I knew it, I was running in the halls. I ran and ran across the school until I stopped at my locker and shoved my sweater in there. I panted from running.

I started to walk slowly, taking step after step. That three word phrase...could it really be Sasuke's voice? Was it Shikamaru? No...Could it be Yamato? Could it have been Lee? No...I dont understand. My foot lifted off the ground and connected once again with the granite about only 2 inches from where it stood before. My head spun. I leaned against my locker for standing support.

The next thing I knew, I was crying against my locker. I knew god damn well Sasuke was there. He didin't want to see me. I was an embarrassment, wasn't I? A fool? A demon? A monster? Nobody loved me after all-- nontheless a mighty Uchiha. I thought that maybe for once, I could experience love and passion, something I had never felt and dreamed of in the past. I never shared my past because I domt want people's pity.

I was never an attention seeker to begin with, like the pink banshee Sakura. Or the comedian Neji.

I was just a person. No..I was a monster.

Don't cry, kit.

Who's there?

I am the Kyuubi. I wont bite, dont worry.

What's your name?

Kurama.

Whats your story?

I'm not as cruel and mean as they make me seem. I was released by an evil shinobi and controlled. I was forced to destroyed the village.

I didn't know they had it so harsh on you. You're a fox, right?

Yeah. Why?

I love foxes!

Good for you, I am also glad to hear th--

Ringring!!

Shoot, class! I dashed to school as fast as I legs could go. Luckily, Mr. Hatake is almost always late. He was still yet to be here. I waited in class and took quick glimpses. I just put my head down inside my folded arms, scared to meet his eyes.

I was afraid that if I did, I'd have a mental breakdown. I noticed was teating up. I tried to blink back the salted liquid, but it backfired amd it started to pour from my eyes. The teardrops staining the wooden desk before my head.

I dug my face deeper into my arms.

Maybe he really did hate me. Nobody likes the demon right? Not even an Uchiha, who is a caretaker and loves everyone amd has fans that worship them kiss the floor a Uchiha steps on, can even like me.

I'm a baka, aren't I?

A worthless, dead last, good for nothing Baka.

Mr. Hatake finally stepped in. "Yo." He motioned his hand up. "Sorry I'm late, I--" He was soon interrupted by the suspicious class. "Excuses, excuses!" The students shouted while I still buried my chin in my folded arms.