The boys looked to be at least 14.

"You mentioned growth acceleration?" Anakin asked, answering my question.

"Oh yes, it's essential, otherwise a mature clone would take a lifetime to grow. Now we can do it in half the time" Lama Su answered.

"I see." Anakin replied to keep conversation going.

Lama Su continued his explanation, "They are totally obedient, taking any order without question, we modified their genetic structure to make them less dependent than the original host."

"And who was the original host?" Anakin inquired.

"A bounty hunter called Jango Fett." Lama Su answered simply.

A bounty hunter?

Anakin stopped walking and look up at him, his answer obviously making him uneasy.

"And where is this bounty hunter now?"

"Oh, we keep him here." The Prime Minister replied, seeming distant.

"Apart from his pay, which is considerable, Fett demanded only one thing, an unaltered clone for himself. Curious, isn't it?" Lama Su asked, clearly not understanding the point of Jango's request.

He wanted a son.

Probably to continue the 'family business'.

"Unaltered?" Anakin questioned further.

"Pure genetic replication, no tampering with the structure to make it more docile and no growth acceleration." He answered simply.

"I should very much like to meet this Jango Fett." Anakin requested.

Getting involved with a bounty hunter is the last thing we need.

"I would be very happy to arrange that for you." The female alien replied with a perky voice.

Anakin smiled and nodded to her.

Lama Su continued to lead us down the hall to a dimly lit balcony.

It over looked what appeared to be the clone army.

Thousands of them stood and walked in formation, following their leaders, who were marked in primary accent colors. Probably so they could be easily identifed, they were clones after all.

I stood next to Anakin watching as three platoons of clones marched their way into a platform located above ground level.

The Prime Minister joined us at the balcony, "Magnificent, aren't they?"

I snuck a glance at Anakin.

He simply nodded, his face oddly grim.

The female alien guided us down the winding hallways of this eccentric maze and I quickly became lost

We could have been going in circles for all that I knew.