Three - Art it is then

Jason:

After school, the boys and I went to our usual hangout, a small pizza place in town. My older brother Kevin met us there and offered to pay for the pizza this time. Jules and Joel sat on one side of the table while Kevin and I sat on the other. Did I mention they're twins? But not identical though so it's not as confusing what with their rhyming names and all. One was a little taller, their faces were different and I'm guessing to girls Jules was the more attractive one since he was a lot more suave and confident. Yes, it's okay for guys to notice that kinda stuff in their friends.

We always sat at the table close to the entrance and a window so we could see whoever walked in, mostly ogling the hot girls. 

"It's a shame Sam couldn't join us today," Kevin said.

"Yeah, it's his fault. He's whipped", said Jules. Joel imitated the sound of a whip while snapping his fingers in the air. They all laughed except for me. My mind was miles away. I chewed slowly on a slice of pepperoni pizza as the guys conversed. I could barely hear them, I was in a world of my own. 

"Ey Jason, cute brunette at 10 o'clock," whispered Kevin as he tilted his head in the direction of a girl who'd just walked in. I barely looked at her for a second then turned my attention back on the pizza.

"Are you dead?" quipped Jules.

"No, why?"

"Normally right now you'd be all over that chick like butter on toast, what's up?" I shook my head. "OK so what's wrong with that girl?"

"Her hair is too dark", that's all I could think of and I realized just how stupid the reason was.

"Her hair dude? Her hair? Usually a great set of knockers and a nice pair of legs is good enough for you", yelled Kevin.

"Well, I don't know about you guys but I'm gonna try my luck", said Joel as he stood up from the table and made his way towards the brunette. I wished him luck. Kevin studied me a bit whilst Jules eagerly watched Joel's attempt at winning the brunette's heart, or at least wiggling his way into her pants. 

"Seriously dude, what's with you," Kevin persisted. 

"Nothing I told you!" I was getting angry. 

"Then tell me again what's wrong with her. Now Joel's over there making a fool of himself," he said.

"Well if you want to start discussing feelings then fine, here goes. It's this new girl at school..." 

"Oh come on! Get over her dude you're too out of her league to be wasting your time on her,"Jules cut me off. Kevin told him to shut up.

"What's she like?" asked Kevin as he grabbed the last slice of pizza. I was kinda hoping I would get it. 

"I actually don't know. I haven't really talked to her yet. But I really really want to."

"Okay she has to be some sorta goddess or something. My baby bro never hesitates to approach a girl he wants," Kevin said with a chuckle.

"Goddess my ass, get over her Jason. She's nothing," said Jules. 

I just shrugged off Jules' comment and as we were about to leave the pizza place we remembered Joel. Poor guy looked like he was getting creamed. After a little debate it was decided that I go rescue him. I was reluctant, but I had to. For a friend. Sometimes it's best to give up while you're still ahead. I walked over to the two of them as they stood by the counter.