|| Chapter 9 ||

The wind playfully blows past my wet curls. I smile. I needed this. I really really needed this. The small creek nearby trickles down some rocks. The leaves rustle and fall near a small patch of grass. The birds sing to each other. Boasting of their freedom and ability to get out of any situation with a flap of their small but powerful wings.  

My brown eyes take in the green landscape. I watch as a small squirrel scurries up a tree and into the almost orange leaves. I close my eyes and take in the feeling of the concrete bench i'm sitting on. The feeling of my leant sweater on my skin and the smell of wood and clean fresh air. 

"It's great isn't it ?" I open my eyes and frown at the brown haired emerald eyed man behind me. 

"You ruined my peace." I deadpan. His smile turned back down into a frown. I turned back around an tried to get back to my state of mind. 

I was still taken from my family and I was still heartbroken nonetheless,but when I woke up from my mini torture session,I was in my bed. My cuts fresh but working hard to get back to how it was before. It wasn't going to go back to exactly how it was before. I knew that . Once something is harmed,it can never go back to how it was before. No exceptions. 

I didn't figure out who had held my hand and helped me up to my bed. But after that Sofia had come into my room looking at me sympathetically and suggested to me that I should take a shower to freshen up.  The moment I had gotten in the shower. I felt like everything came down once again. My cuts felt as if they were being bathed in charcoal but I didn't even flinch. I recall thinking,there is worse pain

I had gotten out of that shower and I remember staring at the loose baby yellow woven sweater and light wash skinny jeans sitting on my bed staring back at me. I put them on quickly and I had turned around and staring right back at me, was a girl. She had wet curls cascading down her back. Scratches peppered her face and peaked out from underneath her clothes.She had dull brown eyes that seemed drained of all beauty. A pimple made itself comfortable near her hairline and her lips seemed to be turned down in a immovable frown. Prominent bags were stashed beneath her eyes. 

I reached out to touch my face and sure enough,she did to. It was me. The girl was me. I hadn't had time to think about anything else because Sofia and Harry had burst into my room and told me to come with them outside and here I was sitting outside. Admiring beauty. 

I felt so much better. I had no idea where I was or what I was going to do but I felt like that had taken a backseat to the beauty of this area. Sofia took a seat next to me. I looked at her.

"You look beautiful when you smile." she told me and smiled herself. She had become like a big sister to me here. She always checked on me. Behind her was always one of the many people here. It was Harry most of the time. He tried his hardest not to let me see him but I've caught some green shining behind Sofia's head sometimes. 

"Thank you." I told her and sincerely meant it. We took a moment and looked at the greenery. 

"Sofia ?" I called out to her cautiously. She turned her head towards me,urging me to continue. 

"I have.. a lot of questions that need to be answered." I notified her and I saw panic flash behind her eyes for a second but they were back to their happy brown state once again. 

"What are they ?" she asked. I looked at my hands nervously. 

"What did Lilah do to me ? Why is everything like this ?," before I knew it I was word vomiting questions at her. "Who was down there ? Were they the one who put me in my bed ? Where am I ? Will I go back to my family again ? How come she chose me ? What does she want me to do ? Do I do that thing until I go back home ? Are they safe ? " I pleaded/asked.