|| Chapter 1 ||

I grabbed onto my bed sheets and pulled myself up quickly. I touched my sweaty forehead and messy brown hair. I looked around me and realized i was still in the same house I had always lived in and there was no bank or "Harry" or "Lilah" or "Dylan" here. My mind was toying with me and it had done a good job. That was scary. Looking to the little bedstand to my left,my digital clock flashed 3 am. I suddenly realized how absurd i probably look right about now. My baby blue onesie and my curly mane in a twisted mess. I must look like a child. I smiled tiredly and pulled my bedspread off me and looked around my room. It looked the same as always. Messy on one side then neat on the other. Realizing that there was no way I was going to get some sleep now I began on my journey to my kitchen.

I fluffy object brushed against me and i jumped to the wall and nearly fell over my own feet. I looked to the ground,with my heart in my throat. I smiled once i realized it was only Garfield. My fat yellow striped cat. We had named him after the original since they seemed to be related. I sighed a sigh of relief and stood on my shaky legs. I took a couple of deep breaths. 

It's only a dream,It's only a dream

I repeated to myself. I continued on my way to the kitchen. The stairs creaked as I ascended them. Once i greeted the kitchen floor with my bare feet, I made a beeline for the sink. I grabbed a cup and filled it up and gulped it down within 2 seconds. Once the cool liquid hit my dry throat, my heart pounded a bit slower and the fact this was just a dream became more of a reality. I smiled. Garfield purred at my feet . I felt calmer,in fact I felt sleepy again. I headed up the stairs and gradually,i found myself in my soft comfy bed again. I cozied up and was happy to know that it was a dream. I began to ascend into a deep sleep but a string or words lingered in the back of my mind 

What if it wasn't. 

Author's note: 

Hello. I honestly just wanted to say thank you for reading my book. It's been a long time since I've written. Which is why it would be IMMENSLY helpful if you commented telling me ways to improve or if you liked something specifically. You can share this story and vote on it as much as you like, fall in love with the characters as much as I have,cry with them and smile with them. Negativity is not needed but if you must go give it to someone who actually cares. But thank you to all who took the time to do good. I hope you like it. Good reading !