Chapter 6 - Match Made in Heaven

Start from the beginning

"Goodbye, Ames, don't forget, tomorrow, you three!" Sonic winks as he leaps out of my bedroom window. As soon as I hear the sound of him running, I fall to the floor blushing. Rouge began to slow clap, Mana is covering her mouth, still in the trance from Shadow.

"How have you not fallen in love with Prince Shadow yet?" Mana asks weakly.

"How have you not fallen in love with Prince Sonic?" Rouge asks in a very flirty tone.

"I haven't in love with either... But... They both are leaving a mark on me." I say, trying to choose my words carefully. Sonic was so deep for once, it makes me feel special when he expresses his feelings in seriousness, and yet, Shadow's voice soothed me, the way he told Mana to not apologies for anything, he wasn't talking to me but, I felt as if he were. I have such a connection with both, the two irresistible Princes are making my knees wobble, they make me dizzy...

"At least I'll be able to see Mephiles..." Mana says, blushing lightly. Rouge nods, agreeing with Mana as she stares at her reflection through my mirror.

"Out of all the guys... You chose the toughest one Rouge." I say, thinking about her relationship. I remember how every guy around our age would always flirt with Rouge, yet, she would always turn them down. I didn't understand what was so special about Knuckles, from what I heard from her, he was very stubborn and he would hate it when Rouge got too close. They started dating after Knuckles admitted he didn't mind Rouge, that's when Rouge took a step and kissed him on the spot, she told me he had never gotten any red, she couldn't tell if it were anger of blush.

"He's a challenge all right." Rouge sighed. Her eyes suddenly turned serious and heartwarming. "But he's worth it."

"Isn't Mephiles really silent?" I ask Mana. "There's a rumor that he's never spoken before."

"It's not true... His voice is soft and sweet, first time I found him, he was singing to himself, I instantly fell in-love." Mana says. Many rumors are spread about Mephiles, the soldier of the Kingdom of the Dark, he's strong, his strength not as powerful as Shadow's, but strong enough to beat other soldiers older then himself. He is supposedly mute, no one except for the royal family had heard him say a word or two but, I do not know much. Mephiles tried to attack Mana when she was listening to him, he seemed disturbed.

"I'm sorry!" Mana said, getting down onto her knees. Mephiles sat back down, his eyes glaring at Mana. "Are... Are you hungry?" Mana asked, guessing that he was staring at the bread she was holding. Mephiles steered his eyes away from Mana, not responding.

Mephiles struck Mana as an un-tamed fox, it didn't mean harm, but it likes to play safe and not go near anything.

"Here." Mana said, walking towards Mephiles. He did exactly what she thought he would, he moved back. "I'm sure your hungry... I made it myself," Mana insisted. Slowly, Mephiles reached out his hand, taking the piece of break.

"Thank you." He spoke, shocking Mana. 

"So, you can speak!" Mana said, her tail wagging.

"Yes, I don't speak to those who I don't trust." Mephiles said. Mana immediately knew that he was trying to tell her that he was saying that he trusted her. She felt blessed and happy.

"Does that make us friends?" Mana asked. Mephiles thought for a minute, he suddenly grabbed Mana's hand, pulled her close and kissed her on the lips. She stood shocked but let him kiss her for some reason.

"You aren't afraid?" Mephiles said, a bit surprised.

"Why would I be afraid of you? You're sweet..." Mana said, blushing a deep red.

"I don't believe that." The sentence triggered something Mana, she had the feeling of someone pushing away. Mana grabs Mephiles and kisses him passionately, he doesn't fight back nor does she pull back.

"I am not scared. I never will be." Mana said, her eyes dead serious. It seemed to be enough to convince Mephiles.

They both soon realized that they just met. They started to meet everyday, which soon led to Mephiles confessing how he fell in-love with her when they first met, Mana couldn't lie either, she fell in-love with him when she met him.

"Well, since we're sleeping over... and the since we're going to Prince Sonic's castle tomorrow... You wouldn't mind if we borrowed some of your dresses, right, darling?" Rouge says, going through my wardrobe.

"You take my clothes either way." I say, chuckling a little.

"May I, Amy?" Mana asks, her fingers clutching on a dark-blue dress that has blue roses imprinted on it. I nod, letting her try on the dress while I get dressed into my night-gown.

"To bed already? Come on! We just finished putting on the dresses!" Rouge said, showing off her red dress that showed her shoulders and has little gems in the middle.

"I want to sleep already!" I laugh.

"Oh yeah? So you can see your two admirers again?" Rouge teased. I throw my pillow at her face which messes her makeup. She glares at me with fire in her eyes.

"Amy!" Rouge screams. Mana laughs in the corner of my room, watching the show as Rouge throws more pillows at me.

Rouge wasn't entirely wrong, I am quite excited to see the two handsome princes again, they both are fun to hang out with and they make me feel safe. Rouge and Mana stare at me quietly, they know I'm excited, they can't make fun of me though, they're going to see their lovers tomorrow as well.