Waterfall (Part 1)

Sorry its been a while everyone...been going through some stuff and it was the holiday season. But here is an update, finally. Also Happy holidays! Hope you like the chapter.

Recap of the last few chapters...

Natalie is still kidnapped, she has her first "session" with Ben and finds out what's going on. Ben will be the nice one and Owen will be the...mean one to say the least. She also finds out that the girl is only in this for her best friend/boyfriend. Jackson is struggling without Natalie, she has been gone for so long and he's starting to get very scared. But Natalie being gone is building up a lot of stress and worry for Jackson. But he knows in his heart he will get back his girl.

Please vote and comment!

Jackson's POV

       Today has been one of the hardest days yet, Toby gets out today. He hasn't been handling his sisters disaperance the best to say the least. Toby, much like me has been handling Natalie's kidnapping very badly. You would think this would make Toby and I come together, but it's not. I have the suspicision that Toby not only blames himself, but also me. Why is he blaming me? It's not like I wanted this to happen...it's the last thing I would've wanted. In fact, if I could switch places with Natalie, I would...in a heartbeat. I wouldn't hesitate.
       Even though Toby and I haven't been getting along, I'm still going with Nathan to see him when he gets home. It's what Nat would want...she would want us to all come together and not to blame each other. But, I cant help but wonder, what if it is partly my fault? No it can't be, Ben and Owen have their own reasons to go after Nat. Ben is just crazy jealous...of me. And Owen is just crazy in general...partly because of me right? I mean I'm pretty sure he cheated on Nat because he was mad...at me for being to needy and taking his girlfriend away from him.
       What if it is my fault? What if I caused this for Natalie? My thoughts soon vanished due to the fact that Nathan decided to push me out of his way so he could get outside. "Gosh, common man." I said in a voice that had a slight tone of venom in it. Nathan has been getting on my nerves lately, like sure I know sometimes he's just trying to help, but it's not like its going to work anyway. Natalie is like my rock, my backbone, she's my everything.
       Nathan just needs to realize that I'm not going to be fine again until Natalie's safe and back in my arms. I mean of course he's worried and scared too, but it's not the same for him. It's not really the same for anyone else, no one else has this kind of connection with Nat.
       I decided that it was time to go, or more like Nathan decided it was time to go. He was already in the car and was having fun annoying me, he was continuously honking the horn and giving me an annoyed look. Yeah, like he gets to be the annoyed one here...um no. I pretty much stormed over to the car and got in, Nathan looked at me and said, "Man, can't you just stop acting like a depressed person for like five minutes." He rolled his eyes and that just annoyed me even more. "This is stupid, I'm not coming." I said and got out of the car, I walked back into the housed but not before hearing Nathan could come running after me.
       "Jackson! Jackson! You can't be serious." Nathan said with a sigh. After I still hadn't turned around Nathan caught up to me on the stairs and turned me around. "What do you want from me?" I asked. I was becoming exhausted from all of the arguing and lack of sleep, I haven't gotten any good sleep ever since Natalie's kidnapping. I get around three hours of sleep each night if I'm lucky enough. "I want you to stop moping around and running away when things get tough. I want you to go back to normal. I want you to act like your world isn't ending completely." Nathan said, he paused then said the one thing that he would regret the most. "I want you to try to forget about Natalie and what's happening to her...at least for a while." He finished.
       Not even a minute went past in the time it took for him to finish his speech to when my fist reached his jaw. I swung without even thinking twice about it, I could never forget about Natalie... ever.
       Nathan looked at me and shook his head, he had this awful look on his face. His eyes were closed and his mouth was actually in the shape of a small smile, he looked scary almost. When he opened his eyes he swung and hit me in the eye, well that's going to leave a mark is what I was thinking. And then came the pain, "What the hell man!" I shouted before going to my room. I just started packing a bag, I didn't know where I was going but I had to get out of here. When my bag was packed I took out an old school notebook and ripped out a piece of paper, I wrote a short note telling my mom that I would be fine and that I just needed to get out of here for a while. I also added that I would be back soon and not to call or anything and also not to worry.
       I put the letter on my bed before grabbing my backpack off the ground and slinging it over my shoulders. I looked around my room one last time trying to see if I would need anything else, I had my phone and laptop charger, my wallet, clothes. I can't think of anything else... and then I saw it, I had to bring the picture that was on my nightstand. That picture has actually gotten me through a lot lately, it makes me feel close to her, close to Natalie.
       I then walked out of my bedroom and headed down the stairs, I have just a boot on my ankle and the sling for my collarbone, so it has been easier to get around. Once I was down the stairs I saw Nathan sitting on the couch on the phone with who I'm assuming is Toby. I didn't even look his way when his called my name, I just kept going. I walked outside and then just kept walking, I couldn't drive with this stupid boot on, so I just walked.
I had two places in mind, I started walking to the first place...it would be a long and hard walk but it was going to be worth it. I needed to clear my mind, and there was really only one place I went to when I needed to do that.

Forty-five minutes later

       I walked the familiar path down to the one place I could really think, the place I felt closest to my dad. We had spread dad's ashes in his favorite places, one of those places happened to be the nearby hiking trail that led to one of the prettiest waterfalls you could ever see.
       I sat down on a rock by the waterfall and just thought about everything, from Nat to my dad, to how beautiful this place was to where am I supposed to go now? Of course I knew the answer to the last question all along, but I needed a way to get there so...I called Tucker.
       Tucker didn't pickup until the third ring, "Hello? Jackson?" he asked sounding a little concerned. "Can you come pick me up?" I asked suddenly. I really hoped he wasn't busy, it was either Tucker or Toby. "Uh, sure. Where are you Jackson? Nate has called me four times wondering if I knew where you were." He paused and finally heard the background noise, "Jackson are you at...the waterfall?" He asked sounding more concerned then before. Tucker knows I only come to the waterfall if its serious and I really need space and time to think.
       "Yeah, I'm at the waterfall...so can you come pick me up?" I asked. I could hear Tucker sigh slightly, "Yeah man, I'll be there soon. Wait...how the hell did you even get to the waterfall? Tell me you didn't walk there Jackson." He said sounding almost frightening. "Um...see you soon." I said in a rushed voice before hanging up.
       I'm glad I still have some people that aren't going to try to pressure me to hide my feelings, or act differently then how I feel. I can't hide the fact that I'm hurting right now.
       And I definitely can't forget about Natalie.

***