Lavender

Please vote and comment!

       I woke up to the noise of a loud pounding and the smell of what seemed to be a mixture of sweat and mold. I was cold and had a terrible pain all over my body, most of the pain was coming from my head. And then it hit me, I had been kidnapped by Ben and Owen. My head hurt because it had been hit against the cement.
       I looked around and saw I was in a small room painted an ugly brown color, it was depressing. The room was empty besides the cot I was laying on. At least they had given me a somewhat nice blanket, there was definitely no heat in the building.
       Where the hell am I? I thought as I looked around once again. I tried observing the room more closely. There's a security camera and a door that looks to be the color purple, my favorite color.
       The door was a lavender color, the exact same shade that I call my favorite. How did I not notice the door before? It had a handle but there were many bolts and nails in it, meaning it would most likely be locked shut. Also in the same ugly brown color my name was painted. I also noticed there was a piece of paper taped to the door.
       I slowly tried to get off the cot, but I was very weak and extremely exhausted. I made myself crawl off the cot and then scooted to where the door was. I slowly reached up for the paper and ripped it off the door. I brought it down to eye level and looked at it.
        It was the same paper Owen used to write that note he placed on my porch all those days ago. How long had it been since I was taken?
       I looked at the hand writing and it was the same zigzagged writing as the first note. I read it quietly in my head and it said:

Dear Natalie,
As you know we have taken you, obviously. We will be there soon after you awaken. We have some simple rules and answers for you.

Rules-
1. Don't fight back
2. Be polite
3. Listen to our orders and obey
4. You will be quiet
5. You will follow these rules, or else

Answers-
You will not escape, there is no way out besides the door.
You will forcefully cut off all ties to Jackson Wilson.
You will obey our every command.
You will be allowed food and water at meal times.
Yes the police, your family, and your friends are all looking for you.
You will be given one chance to call one family member and one friend to tell them you are safe. You will then tell them to stop looking for you so no one gets hurt.
You will not be hurt unless you disobey us.
Your brother is to be awaken today.
Yes your head injury has been patched up.
It has been many days since you got here.
No you will not find out where.

And finally you will NEVER escape.

Knock three times on the door to let us know when your ready.
Sincerely,
Your new keepers

No. This isn't happening. Tell me this is all just some sick dream. How am I supposed to break off all ties to Jackson? How am I supposed to leave my family and friends behind? And most importantly, how do I escape this prison?
What would happen if I knocked on the lavender colored door three times? How was I supposed to know they wouldn't hurt me? Or my family and friends? Would I have to call them right away? Would I really never escape? How would they hurt me?
Okay Natalie, deep breathes, in and out, in and out. You'll be okay, you're smart and observant and strong, you will find away out of here. You will get back to the people you love.
I know I shouldn't knock on the door but I have to, they could help with my injuries or give me food and water. I inhaled deeply before raising my arm slowly and knocking. First knock. Second knock. And lastly, third knock.
It took less then 30 seconds before I heard noises behind the door. I hurriedly scooted back against the wall while waiting to see what terrible human being would come through the doorway.
       I was shocked by who I saw. I never expected them to be here. Why would they do this to me? Sure we were never friends but still, why me? Why would she chose to do this to me? I don't understand.
       Before I could say anything she threw some sort of smoke bomb in the room and I fell back asleep.
       I fell into a deep dreamless sleep once again.

***