Friends

Please vote and comment!

Today's the day. The day I go on my date with Ben. I'm very excited, he's been very sweet these past couple of days. Like Wednesday after the fight, we went to his house and watched movies. Then yesterday we FaceTimed for two hours straight.
It also helps that Jackson apologized to Ben for what happened and admitted that he overreacted. They're back to being friends and everything is good again. I was worried this would ruin their friendship, but I'm relieved it didn't.
I was ready and waiting outside for Jackson to come pick me up when I got a text. I looked at my phone to find a text from Ben.

Ben: today's the day! I can't wait to see your beautiful face xo

Me: awww Ben xoxoxo

See what I mean by being sweet? He's adorable. I was so into my phone I didn't even notice Toby was standing right next to me. He was starring down at my phone with an angry look on his face.
       "Who's Ben? And why is he calling you beautiful? And what's happening today?" Toby pretty much yelled. He looked scary, like he wanted to hurt someone. That someone being Ben.
       "Ben's the guy I'm going on a date with, tonight. So calm down tiger" I said while smiling. "Does Jackson approve?" Toby asked with a skeptical look on his face. I nodded while smiling again. "Well then I guess it's okay." Toby said while shrugging.
       "But I want to meet him tonight." Toby declared. I widened my eyes in fear at his statement. Ben was going to have it rough tonight. When he walks up to my door he'll find Jackson, Tucker and Toby. I mean Toby wasn't exactly the scariest or most intimidating person, but he could be when he tried.
       "Fine, I guess." I said sounding disappointed. With that he nodded looking satisfied and then went back inside. Within the minute Jackson pulled up.
       I walked up to his black Jeep while looking at my white converse the whole way to the passenger door. I got in and smiled while saying "Good morning."
       "Good morning sunshine." He replied, with a smile tugging at his lips. His nice, gorgeous smile...goodness, snap out of it Natalie now is not the time for that.
       Jackson looked good today, like very good. He was wearing khaki pants and a white t-shirt that clung to his muscles. He looked perfect.
"Today's the day! Are you excited Nat?" He asked even though he didn't seem to care very much at all. "I'm actually really excited, I can't wait." I replied while smiling. This is going to be the highlight of my day, week, and possibly my month.
We pulled up to the school and parked. As we were walking into school I saw him, I saw Ben. He was standing in the entry way talking to some guys, he was laughing, and smiling. He looked cute today, but not nearly as cute as Jackson did. I said my goodbyes to Jackson and headed towards Ben, he turned his head and saw me, he smiled, waving me towards him.
As I got up to Ben he pulled me into a hug, he whispered in my ear, "Good morning beautiful." I smiled up at him as a slight pink blush was surely covering my cheeks. "Morning." I replied as I pulled away. I realized when I hug Ben it doesn't feel the same as it does when I hug Jackson. When I hug Jackson it feels right.
I frowned as an all to familiar thought came to mind, "Jackson doesn't like you like Nat". Ben must have picked up on my sudden mood swing, "What's wrong Nat?" He asked, he had a concerned look on his face. "Nothing, I'm fine." I said smiling slightly up at him.
Ben reached out for my hand and I gave it to him, he lead us inside the school and towards my locker. He gave my hand a squeeze and I looked up into his blue eyes, "If somethings bothering you, you can tell me you know." He said looking sincere and also slightly sad. I simply smiled up at him and then said, "Okay, thanks."
"Anything for you." He said while smiling at me. Ben's the perfect guy. The perfect guy to be a boyfriend, the perfect guy that's so sweet. And also the perfect guy to take my eyes and mind off Jackson, for a little while at least.
A couple minutes later and we were off to class, hand in hand. He was walking me to class. I told him it really wasn't necessary, but he insisted so I shrugged and rolled my eyes playfully at him. He just gave me a goofy grin in response.
       We got to my class and bid our goodbyes, I walked into class and the girls were instantly at my side. "Aww you guys are so cute." Ashley cooed, with a big smile on her face. Jessica nodded in agreement but said "I'm not sure though, I think there's someone better for Nat." Giving me a knowing look. The girls were the only ones that I had told about my little crush on Jackson.
       "Oh I just can't wait for tonight!" Ashley pretty much squealed out. The girls were coming over to help me get ready. So the whole gang was coming over tonight, Toby, Jackson, Jess, and Ash, all for me.
       Jess and I both nodded in agreement, before going to sit down in our spots in the third row. In English all we did was read, so I was enjoying myself very much, as was Jess, Ash not so much. Ashley despised reading, but Jessica and I loved it.
After a few more boring class periods it was already the end of the day. The whole gang was coming over right after school for some much needed bonding time. I feel like I haven't hung out with them in so long.
Once we all got to my house I popped some popcorn and got some bags of chips. We were going to watch Friends, our all time favorite show. We all squeezed onto my couch all cuddled up and Toby hit play. We watched for a couple hours, all of us laughing to the point of tears, before being interrupted by my stupid brother. "Well don't you all look cozy." He said with a smug smirk on his lips while his eyes were directed on me and Jackson.
I was pretty much on Jackson's lap all cuddled up into his chest, while his arms were around me. "Go away we're clearly busy." I heard Toby say. "Well sorry just thought I would mention that it's already six and that my baby sis should be getting ready for this date of hers."
I felt Jackson tense at the word date, I couldn't help but wonder why. I looked up into his bright green eyes and gave him a confused look. He just shrugged and said, "Yeah he's right, you should probably go get ready Nat."
I nodded and got off him, instantly missing his warmth. "Let's go girls" I say. We all hauled upstairs to my grey painted room. "I call doing hair!" Ash said. "I want to do makeup and pick out the outfit, because I clearly have better fashion then the both of you combined." Jessica said while giggling.
Jess picked out a white t-shirt dress and decided to put a flannel around the waist to make it more of a "casual look" as she called it. She was going to make me wear heels but I quickly shouted "NO" and put on some good ole' converse.
Ash was now curling my hair so it looked wavy, while Jess was applying some simple makeup. I heard the doorbell ring and I gave the girls a look of panic, they simply yelled down at the boys to get the door.
I heard the door open and close while I looked at the time, 7:00, right on the dot. I decided it was time to go down the stairs to see Ben. I was so excited and I couldn't wait to see what he thought of my look. Before going downstairs I caught glimpse of myself in the mirror, I looked really pretty, definitely better then usual.
I opened up my door and walked out, then walked down the stairs. As I was halfway down the stairs I heard voices saying, "You better treat her correctly man." And "Be back on time." And also "Be careful with my best friend." I rolled my eyes, I knew that last comment was from Jackson, I smiled at the thought of him.
Once I was all the way down the guys all looked at me.
"Woah." Said two voices at the same time. It was Jackson and Ben both. They were both looking at me and smiling huge smiles.
I blushed and looked at the ground. When I looked back up I had only two pairs of eyes on me.
One pair green and the other pair blue.

***